Monday, May 19, 2014

Larissa - Was 3 now only 2!

I have the most amazing mission President EVER. He gave us the amazing opportunity to go to the temple as a mission (our mission is huge so we went on different days in groups) but we got to have a session together as sisters and the temple president, AND we were also able to have a training in the temple with our  mission president and the temple president:) Talk about a Spiritual experience. I found out so many things and my understanding has grown so much. I know that the temple is sacred and is the House of the Lord. What a blessing it was to go and be taught from on high. The entire experience in the temple lasted about 5 hours and it was amazing! 

These week we lost our trio:( so sad, in our mission we have sister that come from Temple square for 1 transfer to work and do some outfield training and work. We had one that left half way through the transfer so Hna. Duke had to go to the other area. So no more tri companionship power but its okay. 

Me and Hna.Bonhard have received so many bendiciones this week! We found 5 new investigators this week totally unexpected with other memebers or through other investigators. We also had a HUGE miracle because we have a family we are teaching Familia Avalos and we had not had the opportunity to see them in about 3 weeks. It was so hard because they were progressing and had a date but with complications it fell through. We had the huge blessing of finally getting contact with them and finding out that they have been reading and praying everyday. They said they would also come to church, we were kind of discouraged when we got the message that they couldnt make it but we found out they actually just went to the other ward with there neighbor:) seriously so amazing! They are so prepared and this family is so beautiful. 

I also had a very humbling experience this week. We had two experiences where people completely rejected and slammed out faith. I never realized how much that really hurt. One of the gentle men was basically calling us crazy for being missionaries and that our religion does not come from Jesus or God. At that moment I felt so much sorrow, I wanted them to know what I know. It hurt that they could not be open to the amazing message that we share. All I wanted was for them to just listen and let the spirit in, but that was not Gods plan and so we respected what they had to say and went on our way. well we will actually be going to do service for one of the men so that will be interesting:P haha 
I have realized that even when people tell me that what I believe is weird, wrong, stupid, a lie, I know what I believe, I know that this is the Restored church of Jesus Christ and that we have the authority of God. 
We had a cool OYM (open your mouth) experience with a man on the street and we ended up talking with him for an hour and the spirit was so strong and felt prompted to ask him to be baptized, he shared with us that he had already been baptized but he feels so strongly that he needs to be again. We explained about the priesthood and his eyes lit up. He told us that this is what he had been looking for and this is what he needs in his life. It was an incredible experience! 

I faith is growing daily and is becoming unshaken. I love this Gospel and I will live by its principles and that will never change! I love this work! 

Con muchisimo amor,
Gracias por todo,
Hermana Heckel
P.S. We caught a cockroach the bigger then my thumb, its amazing how strong you can be when you need to move a couch out of the way to catch a bug:) 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...