Monday, June 1, 2015

Travis -- Hola

So this week has been a phenomenal week! To start off first I want to say how much I love you all. I really appreciate all the prayers that have come out, I feel it everyday and I pray for you all too! And I want to start of with our week. So we have been in such a crazy finding mode, for the past 4-5 weeks that we have taught VERY few lessons as a companionship. And we finally have a found a lady who is willing to hear our message and she is willing to go to a friends (ward member) home for it. Excited we go over and we teach the restoration. And it was a disaster haha, we where all over the place! we taught super dis functionally. But at the end she still felt the spirit throughout and said she would like to learn just a little more of what this church is about! The members were a little shocked and so where we, but it goes to show first off that it truly is the spirit who teaches and second that it ALWAYS is good to practice teach lessons even when you probably wont teach it for weeks and weeks on end. another lady we made progress with is a less active, who i think I mentioned before, works at the Temple during the week but RARELY attends church. we have been over several times over the last several weeks teaching her the importance of the atonement and sacrament. We taught of the divine role god gave Jesus Christ in not only coming here to Suffer and die for our sins. But in establishing his church. He wanted to provide a safe haven for the sinners where they can be healed and lean upon one another for help. She finally has made it out to church the last 2 times in a row and has started to go to relief society more and more often. She even bore testimony to us of how important the work of the lord is and expressed that sometimes she feels overwhelmed likes its to much! And boy don't we all feel that way sometimes, And even more exciting is that she answered her own problem. She goes on to tell us that when those feelings do come around she is not doing something right, Either pride or laziness has creeped in and slowly is hacking away. And she must renew herself in this quest we face in life.
  Overall it has been an interesting week. We have worked hard to try boosting up this area and I have especially learned how to work with different companions. Ive always been a very submissive person, believing I can get along with anyone and let me tell you now some people don't like that and may not exactly like you at first. But given time, pray and the lords mighty hand all changes are possible. and I also want to express my deepest gratitude in Larissa.(i feel weird not saying sister Heckel) coming to visit me on the side of visiting the boy. I was left so bewildered and joyful i couldn't express words nor get them out of my mouth fast enough. she has changed so much it makes me almost teary eyed. Yet it was a motivational visit in helping me at this time, Do i miss home? yes of course! Do I want to go home now? no!!!!!!! (sorry to get your hopes up) because if the gospel did that for Larissa in 18 months then what will it do for me in two years. Ive still got a lot to learn and grow on But i am glad for the sibling and parents I have that stand as shiny examples in my life. And my cousins to!!!!! Well I hope all is going well at home, Yes its sad That Elder L. Tom Perry passed away! We had our moment of silence and a prayer for his family! He has done the work that he has been called to do. He has lived a life loving God and others like no one else I know. He will truly be missed! Anyhow Hope to hear from you all next week. Mom and Dad had stuff to tell me? but it never got here I guess!!! LOVE YOU ALL


- Elder Heckel


No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...