Monday, August 10, 2015

Travis - BBQ Time!

How are doing? Wow, where has the time gone? The quote "days feel like weeks, and the weeks feel like days" is totally true!  I cannot believe all that has been going on. The work is shooting forward in different ways than I ever expected. A lot of the work that has been done this week are with all new people. The reason being because so many people are taking their last family trip we took this opportunity to go out and see other people. We spent tons of time inviting many many people out to the ward Barbecue. It's tons of amazing contacting in which we have had a lot of new people to meet and socialize with. We have realized that since this area has been tracted over a million times that now the people need to show that we have genuine love and care for them before we can try teaching them, More than what we normally do as to the fact that most first contacts we don't even try to teach. It's a whole new test of patience for us as we are use to trying to teach those we meet right off the bat. But it really is paying off as people understand that we aren't so different or bad, but we are good people. We in fact have had two major referrals of 2 young families. Both families are loving and very nice, one is a family of 3 which is fully ready to learn from us what the gospel cans provide as they simply don't have a fully idea of who Christ is. The other is a family of 4 they are very optimistic about learning but has a lot of questions, and in being so young and searching for the truth now it leaves me feeling so happy! The work here seems to be a lot of rescue work as most the work here deals with less actives- but it's such a blessing to get people reading th Book of Mormon and coming back church!
  Another side note training is a party! It really is a different experience because of all the lingo and stuff you learn I sometimes make the mistake of expecting my greenie to understand or know. So I hope he is patient with me, I can for sure see satans power. He is trying his hardest to stop the work here with works and his whispers. He tries his hardest to bring a driving force of aggression and conflict which is so easily accepted by us as imperfect humans. It becomes a part of mastery of patience. "patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can--working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"- Dieter F. Uchtdorf. All I pray for is that I do what the lord wishes me to do at this point. I want to do my very best, I mean what else can I do out here? Hahaha I'm loving it and I am doing great, I feel like I can walk for miles now. 
  And it's awesome here that even though there is a drought here their is Still tons of green trees, I don't know how I'm gunna handle going home here there is no trees hahaha(in comparison). but hey the laws here are crazy. We walked into a members work building and in big red letters it says that in this building are chemicals that are known to the state of California to cause cancer. And the building is a big office for lawyers. :)
I love you all and hope you enjoy your Monday's.....wow I forget Monday's aren't free days for everyone else.


Elder Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...