Monday, September 21, 2015

Travis - She came to Church!

Dear everybody!

Hey everyone how's things going?? It's a blast here in California! Literally we got a 10 minute blast of rain!!! That helped to clear the thick smoke that's been all over, the two large fires has really done some major damage in California. One towns been completely wiped out and hundreds of houses lost. Please pray for those who where righteous and lost their homes. 
   Yes I'm still here in Loomis serving.........hahaha it's a blast still, we have taken the time to knock doors somewhat and try to teach anyone we talk to. I never realized how big a chicken I am at trying to speak to people along the sidewalks. Anyhow it's sure a blast! We have had many touching moments. It's been such a blessing to meet these people some in very good situations while others in less pleasing situations. We met a man at a bus stop,who has been wandering all of California for years wondering what he should be doing, he's made hundreds of dollars and Leto them as fast as he got them. But when we share the Book of Mormon with him...he went from a puzzled look to one full of hope. As we shared the potential of great testimony that can be gained and how the spirit can guide you with his love and light.  He excitedly asked if he could have a copy and started to cry, we quickly explained the spirit he was feeling and encouraged him to find it. He graciously accepted and we parted ways. It's been over a week since we last saw him at the bus stop. I can only hope the best for him! 
  Another miracle is the small Japanese lady we are teaching, she came to Church!!!! Yes oh how great it is, this struggle of over four years of work is finally paying off. She is feeling the spirit more and more each time we visit. She always talks about how hard the transition is from nudist to Mormon and doesn't know if she can do that. She is so torn up about it we just promised the greater peace and blessing that can be given. I've never taught more in depth lessons with such a strong spirit I sweat from my eyes (cry). I only wish the best for these people and I cannot stand to see people facing such darkness and sadness. I wish I could only do more, She is progressing very well.
   We are doing a lot of service over these weeks including helping someone rid them of a skunk that got caught in a raccoon trap. They didn't believe I could do it without getting sprayed, but a good hose, a towel and 10 seconds of holding breath as I fumble to open the door way. Then right after we went and cleared a backyard that hadn't seen a axe or mower in over 10 years. The grass was taller than me! And I guess their was poison oak because those with us found rashes all over but I didn't have anything happen. 
   One last miracle was one I had recorded in a journal but hadn't shared yet. we had a little boy stop us and ask us if we know Jesus? We answered yes and had quite a good conversation as to where Jesus was and how he could help him. When his mom finally came over, she immediately tried to pick him up but he complained against it. He said......he had to figure out how to get Jesus home that he may help him make his family happy. We needed up talking to her and finding out that she had just had a divorce and their was a lot of contention in the home with the kids and all the little boy wanted was peace and happiness in the home. So we gave them a family proclamation and she quickly accepted it and walked off, we waved good bye to the boy she was holding. 
    It tore my heart to find that the small And humble truly see the battle raging by satan to tear homes up. But this is what we do this work is so important especially now I can't see myself  doing anything else. I challenge you all to hand out a family proclamation to someone to celebrate the anniversary of it and to brighten someone's day. Love ya'll and we best be seeing you later. 

Elder Heckel 


No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...