Monday, October 12, 2015

Travis - Going, Going, Gone!

Hey Everybody-
I hope all of you are doing great, This week has been a fantastic week! We have been working hard for the last week of this transfer to do as much as we can to help people in the work. We have biked many miles talking to a lot of people, the cool weather has brought everyone out of hiding. It is so funny though, because during district meeting we practice different ways to start a gospel conversation on the street(OYM) and I actually tried one of the different methods shared, so the situation went like this. We approached a man, who already gave the first signs of wanting us to go away, non the less we talked with him and introduced ourselves. After that he let us know he already had a religion and that he was Catholic, and to his surprise I quickly said with excitement in my voice, awesome we are looking for people who believe in Jesus Christ. We explained how he would appreciate our message from the Bible and we where not looking to convert him(yet) haha, he was baffled and finally agreed. After we shared a message about feeling the Holy Spirit in our lives we got his number and scheduled to come back and do service. It was very cool because we didn't corner him as much as we sparked his interested differently. I'm excited for the mission rise who will return and meet the man (Rob). Unfortunately I will not be able to meet him again, because transfer calls just came in and I am leaving Loomis! :( it's been a long and wonderful 7 1/2 months serving here. Here are many great and wonderful families and so much work to do there. But now I have been called to serve in Roseville City. I will be serving in the 4th and 8th Ward there. And I will leave tomorrow morning to it, I'm scared but so excited for the next part of the adventure. It's been a blast of fun, we met our goal of 20+ lessons 10/12 weeks I have been in this area. It's been very inspirational to this last month as we have had several guest speakers for zone meeting. Especially a man named Brother Stacy who is a sales man, he goes door to door and talks in conventions. He shared with us the Mandy's struggles everyone would face at the door, we had long discussions of how we can overcome objections and how we can be better missionaries and people, then we did 10 minute work shops in which we practiced a lot of what we taught. Talking to random people still scares the Bagebeerz  out of me, but it's getting to be more exciting, I'm gunna miss going out with elder Campbell, he is A man of many different talents and the way he speaks is bold and to the point which helps me greatly in working together. I love him he is an awesome missionary. Anyhow I hope you all are doing good and can't wait to hear from you all. Here is one of the crazy(awesome) lady's we taught! And her dog who hated me until the last day. 

Elder Heckel 

Scripture: Alma 26:12





No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...