Monday, January 4, 2016

Travis - Happy New Year!

Yes just as the title says......happy new year everybody!
2016, it came so fast that I still don't really feel like it's a new
year. With a new year comes time for new year resolutions. It's so
funny how many people are opening their doors just after New Year's
Day and there are quite a few people out walking or running. I just
hope their resolutions last longer than a week! But we prayed really
hard that this next year will be a year full of success, that we may
find new people to teach. And a miracle happened this week, a random
less active from the singles ward contact us. He said he felt
impressed that he needed to come back to church. So we met with him
and talked about why and what he needs to do and he came to church! He
is a golden less active and I'm thankful to be able to raise his
spirit and trust in the lord.
  Another miracle is that Abby and autumn have now had just about
every lessons of the gospel, they love going to church and have
friends in the ward. She lives and keeps the commandments, the only
thing we are awaiting is a few technical things in the family and
helping her receive her final answer on the Book of Mormon. We are
fasting that she may fully receive it and all goes well that she will
get baptized!
             Last mini miracle is with Eric, not only did we catch him
home but he confessed to a special feeling he has when we come. He
tried going to a few other churches but nothing matches the feeling he
has had with us. He wants to learn all he can of how to get that
feeling constantly! :) He is still struggling with staying positive in
such a bleak moment in life but he wants his daughter to now sit in on
lessons. But like all things God teaches that a part of agency is time
and patiences. The gospel works in a unique way, it makes us sad to
run into people who don't accept the gospel right here and now. But we
know that's only now that their not ready, eventually they will truly
have that chance to accept it and I love to picture that they will
eventually get baptized and be a disciple of Jesus Christ. So a goal I
 made is to try making the best impression we can, something that
sticks out, with each person we see.
       Also transfers has come up! I am staying in the area, but Elder
Poulter is leaving to Citrus Heights . It's been such an honor to
serve with him, he is a great missionary. He holds the spirit of the
lord so close to him and amplifies it out to all those he meets. He
teaches by that very spirit and you know his trust and works are all
in the lord. I love him so much and we had some very crazy adventures.
Honestly before the mission I didn't believe when people told me 'I
would have some good and some bad companions'. I truly though I would
always get along with all my companions no matter what. I never had
faced people I couldn't find some ways to get along with. But then
again I never had to live with them! It's been an eye opener at how
different people are, you will truly meet those people who are
practically your twin, they are just like you and get along great. And
you meet people who the only way they could be anymore different then
you, they would have to be little green aliens (sometimes I wonder if
they are); and everyone in-between! I have had both kinds of
companions (Elder Poulter being one of the better). The ones I don't
get along with aren't bad or horrible people, if fact far from it.
They are usually the best people, because they can help to see what
strengths and weaknesses you truly have and build upon them. You learn
to cope and build of one another in different ways, and better ideas
come from two different minds than from the same ones. Hahaha I just
make the best of what I can. God has full control  and the more I
realize that the less I stress about anything. I love it! Oh did I
mention that I my new companion is Gluten free also!?!? He has celiac
disease! We are totally going too have an awesome time. I'm so glad to
be out here, their is literally no place is rather be....except
heaven...only heaven would be better.

 It's a new year and new beginnings, forget what's happened in the
past and look forward to the future!

Elder Heckel!!

P.s. That jelly bean game down their is the worst invention ever. It's
like Russian roulette with there being good and bad jelly beans(bad
ones range anywhere from barf to canned dog food, and it tastes very
realistic) I've already lost like 6 times in a row. Hahaha and our
heater broke, so we got a cooler one







No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...