Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Travis - A lot of stuff!

Hey everyone!

      What a week it has been. It's been quite the excitement over the
past few weeks, first off the miracles where awesome! So Abbie our
main investigator has now had all the lessons! All we are waiting for
is a few family issues to be resolved and she will get baptized!!!
Yah! The lord has been very merciful in helping us over this week. Me
and my companion traded off two days in being sick, but crazy enough
is the fact that those we had planned for that day called us and
rescheduled later during the week! So we where able to  meet up with
all of them, another miracle was we came across two former
investigators, This older couple had listened to the discussions
before but when we showed up they shared a desire to once again hear
more (go spirit!). We had a fantastic lesson about faith and invited
them to start reading the Book of Mormon together as a couple. They
agreed and said they would also come to church (I'm not sure if they
came, we didn't have time to check after sacrament, cross your fingers
they did!). We had another lesson also with Kenney and his sister! It
was a good lesson as we tried to introduce the gospel to his sister.
But she is a tough nut and is a little resistant in feeling the
spirit. Don't quite understand why but she is indeed willing to listen
though so we are glad. Kenney on the other hand loves it all! He wants
to be a part of it and we are indeed excited for him to make those
covenants, but he is waiting for his sister to want to join as well.
So it will be a great experience for both of them to do this together.
 But this week has been a blast of fun, elder Sanborn is an amazing
companion. He's very real with people. Most those we are teaching have
been learning a long time! So we worked out very deep lessons in which
to establish the seriousness of what we share. We expected most to
push us off and say they where done, but most actually kept us and
said they would take it seriously! Especially our YSA we teach! Gosh I
hope people at home aren't as flaky as them, it's sad the amount of
drugs they get into also. They try to hide it, but even small usage is
visible to people. Overall it's a good time out here being a
missionary. I still feel brand new to the mission haha, we have
exchanges and tie always a humble Experience because these new
missionaries teach me so much that I never thought of. I'm so grateful
to be a missionary and serve the lord out here, there is seriously
nothing better than this! Haha thank you all for your missionary work
updates too! I read all of them and greatly enjoy the spirit you put
into it.

Haha one last funny thing is I had another animal incident (sorry big
cat fans)........ But it was with  a cat. So this thing believes that
it owns us, it lays on the hood of our car, leaves prints everywhere.
And most of all when we go to open the door to our apartment it tries
to run in. It's not scared of us at all, even when we try to chase it
off it comes back. Finally I had it with this cat it's stinky and
gross and so it came in and wouldn't go out of the apartment. I pushed
it with my foot towards the door  and it hissed at me. "OH! No you
didn't!" So I ran over and grabbed my foam axe and walked back slowly.
And like golfing I lined up with the door, pulled up and promptly
knocked it's little butt out the door. I heard it scream as It flew
out the door, it flew further than I thought which left me pretty
surprised! And it obviously ran off, and so we closed the door and
returned to what we where doing. Then a few minutes later we looked at
our sliding door where the cat sat against the glass, stared at us. :O
I gave up, I guess it's our new House pet? Hahaha Anyhow I hope this
gave you a good laugh! I thank you all for your emails! Your all so
wonderful!

-Love  Elder Heckel

-Would you recognize Jesus Christ now?
-For all you missionaries too!
-oh the many cool things you get to see!!






No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...