Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jenessa - Week 36 - LIVE THE BOOK :-)

Hey Ya'll -)

First off, I am staying in Hendricks for another transfer, and so is
my companion Sister Blotter. We had a bunch of changes happen in our
Zone. One of our Zone leaders became the new AP (since Elder
Huntington is going home)....thats kinda strange. Its going to be a
fun transfer with all the new sisters and Elders in our area.  I LOVE
TRANSFERS! :-)

This week has been amazing and the online work is just coming along
spectacularly! Its so incredible. With all that we are doing, we have
picked up 12 new investigators this week, thats about 8 in our area
and 4 online. It has been an AMAZING week and we have been working
super hard!

We have been diligent in talking with everyone and have seen some
pretty amazing miracles come about because of it. We have actually
received TWO referrals this week from our investigators themselves. We
have this one investigator Lakeyla, who told us that she couldn't make
her appointment, but said that her cousin was interested and would
like to meet with us at that time. She gave us his info and we had an
amazing first lesson with John and invited him to be baptized and he
accepted.  THEN....with John's second lesson we took a member couple
with us and John came and said that he had a friend that was
interested in learning with him. We were introduced to Asade and now
he has a baptismal date for July, just after Johns :-) Isn't that so
amazing! :-) We had another lesson with the two of them in that same
member couples home last night. They (the members) went and picked up
John and Asade and brought them to their home for dinner before we
came and gave the lesson! It was amazing! There is power in member
missionary work. We were also able to have 2 recent converts sitting
at the table with us last night as we taught the plan of salvation to
these two investigators and they had the opportunity to bear their
testimonies. The Spirit was so sweet and so pure as they spoke,
especially as Solomon spoke with his broken english (he is from Sudan
and has been  a convert since the end of last year, I think). It was
such an incredible experience.

We had an incredible experience this week doing a church tour with our
investigator Wilmary and her less active family (to be) the Dixons. It
was so amazing. We thought we were showing up to the church to just
give her a tour, but no, she had her whole family with her....Brother
Dixon and his son Eric and daughter Erica. It was incredible. They all
felt the spirit and are so excited to be coming to church and to
wednesday night activities! It was an amazing experience. Brother
Dixon felt the spirit so strong, you could tell. He talked to us about
how he was converted a few years ago and then his work schedule made
it so he was just sleeping through church, so then he stopped going
and just got out of the habit. Now we are going to help him and his
family get back not the habit, as well as baptize his fiancé!! :) woot
woot!

We have had some incredibly inspired golden hours this week,
definitely boosted my testimony in the power of setting inspire goals
and praying for and focusing on those goals throughout. God wants yiur
goals to be accomplished, he just needs us to have the faith in him
that they will come about. One golden hour in particular was very
special. We had no time that day to do a whole lot of finding, but we
had set a goal to have two lessons, pass out two book of mormons (with
an invite to read) and 1 new gator (so a return appointment). Guess
what?? IT HAPPENED! We were knocking all these doors for a good 35 or
40 minutes and absolutely nothing was coming from it. Finally, there
was this man that was out doing some yard work and was coming out to
the street with some tree limbs just as we were getting to the edge of
the driveway. He has been looking for a church that "feels right" and
he "clicks with." We were able to give him a Book of Mormon and he was
excited to read and learn more. He felt like God brought us to him.
After we were don't talking with him we had about 5-10 minutes left.
We walked to the next house and what would ya know.....this wonderful
lady, Rhonda, came out and had talked with Mormons before and was very
open to reading. We were even able to set up a return appointment. It
was amazing! NEW INVESTIGATOR!! 2 lessons, 2 Loaded Book of Mormons
handed out and 1 new investigator. We are actually going to teach
Rhonda TONIGHT!! :-) SO EXCITING!!

Miracle, after miracle, after miracle happened this week....in our
area and online! Its been so amazing!! :-) Our area is doing so great!
We are seeing miracles as we EXPECT miracles!

So....i have finally decided the person I want to be when I grow
up....haha....I want to be Brother and Sister Frailey in our ward!!
They understand missionary work! We had dinner with these two and
their son and Sister Blotter and I just sat there with our jaws on the
floor.......it was so amazing!! They are the epitome of member
missionary work. Their whole life could be put into Power of Everyday
Missionaries. They ARE POWERFUL EVERYDAY MISSIONARIES!! They have
taught people in their home. He has his mormon.org profile in his
signature on ALL of his emails. When he was over handing out
paychecks, he would hand out the paychecks inside the Book of Mormon.
He has been able to baptize some of his coworkers because he is open
about the gospel. She shares the gospel with all her neighbors and
invites them to all the activities of church and has seen some of them
become investigators. They are constantly missionary minded and
focused in life, that has become their life. Its incredible! I have
decided that i want to be them when I grow up. I wish EVERY missionary
and member could sit at their dinner table and listen to them, they
are so inspiring and make the gospel seem so easy to share EVERYDAY!!
It brings so many blessings and power into their lives to call down
the blessing of Heaven. It is incredible. Everything that it says in
Power of Everyday Missionaries and the scriptures concerning
missionary work, can be seen fulfilled with the Fraileys!! WOW!! Thats
all I can say now...is WOW!!!

We had our trade off with Sister Hutchins and Sister Ashcraft this
week and it was incredible!! EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!! :-) Sister
Hutchins came with me here to Hendricks and took a lot of weight off
of my shoulders through her inspired words of love and encouragement!
She is such an incredible missionary and I LOVE HER!! I was able to
feel better about thinking about the future and allowing that to be a
normal process that happens. I was able to also set some goals as to
what i can really focus on throughout the next four months....and that
is FAITH....especially FAITH to BAPTIZE 10 people!!! With God all
things are possible! We did something really great while we were on
trade offs that i think I am going to implement with the Sister I go
on trade off's with. You know how you Pray-Read-Write-Pray to find
answers through the Book of Mormon. Well....Sister Hutchins had this
brilliant idea to do the 4 steps throughout our entire trade off to
help me answer my question of the soul....which at the moment has been
"What do i need to focus on the last four months of my mission?"  So
we started off with a mighty prayer asking for this to be answered as
we prayed and discussed and went throughout our trade off and studied
the next morning. Then we would have this question in our minds and in
our prayers all throughout the day. We would talk about it every now
and then throughout the trade off, because there is also missionary
work to talk about. We then both studied the next morning with that
question in mind. The answer really came throughout the whole trade
off and then was just solidified as we discussed our studies and read
from the Book of Mormon. My heart was so full of joy and peace, I cant
even express how much that helped me! We then ended the trade off with
another mighty prayer asking The Lord to confirm to us that this is
what I needed to focus on and it has definitely been confirmed over
and over since that trade off and I am so grateful! That process
works!! Its so wonderful!!! It was one of the BEST trade off's I have
ever been on (that was for me anyways). :-) WOW!!! Thats really all I
can say again.... WOW! I LOVE my HEAVENLY FATHER!!

I have been reflecting on who I was when i started my mission over 2
years ago and I cant even see the same person. Its remarkable! I love
it. My sights were set oh so low when I first started and The Lord is
only beginning to expand my vision to see myself as he see's me, for
the potential that i have. My greatest wish now is to have every
person that I associate realize how much their Heavenly Father loves
them and help them to see themselves as HE see's them!!

I am so grateful for this Gospel. I am so grateful for the Book of
Mormon and its influence in my life. If you haven't joined the group
"Called to Share" or participated in the "Live the Book" Event
today.....I call you to "repent" and join us in this simple way to be
a missionary. We have found so many teaching opportunities from this
amazing online event that has gone Global!! Please help us and help
yourself to receive the blessings that God desires to shower down upon
you as you do his work. We can only open the door to help you do it,
you are the one who has to take action and do it yourself to receive
those blessings!! :-) If you have any questions about it.....please
message any missionary that is a member of the Called to Share group
on facebook!

Love ya'll

Have a wonderful Day

Love Sister Heckel :-)

P.S We did some yard work for our Relief Society President......and I
trimmed a hedge for the first time it was fun! :-) HAHA! ITS SOOOOO
HOT!!!



No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...