Monday, July 28, 2014

Larissa - Miracle, Marcia, Love.

All I love:) Hola:) 

So this week was amazing. We definitely had some really rough times this week but we have been super blessed. 

First off MARCIA WAS BAPTIZED!!! She was so beautiful and we were so excited and happy for her. Her whole family came with her to the baptism. We are also teaching them so it was a great expirience for all of them. Her baptizm was amazing the spirit was so strong, and we had alot of investigators there so it was perfect. just perfect:) I couldnt have prayed for anything more. She was so happy. I will never forget her huge smile as she came out of the water, it was definitely something I will never forget. Her sister in law Suzana, afterwards was like (in portugese) "If I had white cloths I would have been baptized too" :D best thing to hear from an investigator.

Another Miracles with Suzana is that she only speaks portueges and we can comunicate pretty well but we watched a video "together forever" with her because it is in portueges and she loved it so much and was so happy when we told her she could keep it and then asked for anything else we could get for her in portueges. So we ordered everything we could:) We had been praying about a way we can help her more because some words are different in portueges so there is still a little barrior. so we prayed and I remember an Elder in my last district that was waiting for his Visa to go to Brasil and sometimes will teach people in Portueges. But we didnt know how to get in contact with them and didnt know what area they covered. We felt that it was something we really needed to do for her as well as Marcias Younger brother because he doesnt speak spanish very well so we want him to recieve the lessons in English. so we had to ride our bikes back from the baptism..... which is like 10-15 miles. but we did and we explored some parts of our new area and as we are riding our bikes to our house guess who rides past. the English Elders that we wanted to talk to and guess what area they covered. MARCIAS!!!!!!!!! so crazy!! everything worked out perfectly. So they are going to visit her soon and we are so excited for her to progress in the gospel. I believe she will also be coming to church tomorrow and we have an re turn missionary in our ward as well that just came home from Brazil and can help her during church!!! Everything with her is a miracle. I know that Heavenly Father definitely has a hand in her conversion and progression. 

We are hoping this week to find a family. We will explor some parts of our area that we have never been to before and we have a feeling that things will go well.

Another miracle. The Familia Avalos are doing amazing. We went by to visit them and they said that their abuela was coming back. Their abuela was going to get baptized with them back in abril but had to go back to mexico because one of her family members had passed away. She only needs to be taught one more thing and then she too can be baptized and possibly by Edgar (avalos dad) such an amazing miracle that they can all be baptized as a family and be able to share this miracle together. I love them so much. 

Not only has Heavenly Father blessed our investigators this week but he has also blessed us. We had to ride our bikes ALL OVER this week. More then ever before and I know without his help.... We would have fallen apart already. 

I love my father in Heaven for his tender mercies that he has given this area. 
I have been studying alot about faith this week. I can testify that when we have the faith and the confidence that our Heavenly Father will provide what we need when we truely need it. I want to share a quote from our mission president sent to us the other day "There are more people in your area that are prepared to be baptized than you currently have the faith to baptize.” It is so true. God has his people that are prepared for us to find, we just need the faith to find those people. It is all through him. I love this work, I love sharing the gospel with anyone i meet. Even when they dont want to hear it, even when they tell me I am wrong. I love it, because I know that is is true and there is nothing anyone can say to change that for me. 

I hope you all will try to realize what blessings our heavenly father has given us everyday. I found scripture  I really like In Job 37:14. When Job has gone through so much and then still can see all the wonderous miracles of God. Recognize all those blessings, give constant prayers of gratitude. because he has and will give us so much, much more then we deserve. Because he loves us so much. 

I love you all and I hope you all have a great week. 
Until next week,
con amor
Hermana Heckel




No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...