Monday, July 14, 2014

Jenessa - Week 38 Short & Sweet

Hi Ya'll-

This week has been incredible and I think the most life changing week
of my mission. I wont be able to fully explain why because it wont
really make sense in writing, but it has been incredible. I'll share
what I can.

We had three trade off's this week with some amazing Sisters. I had
the opportunity to be with Sister Carlson (who I had the privilege of
serving around in Normandy). We had a great time. I love her so much.
She really knows who she is and is the same person no matter what
circumstance and no matter who she is with! Its so great! I want to be
that way and I am working on it :-) Sister Hall taught me a lot as we
talked about prayer and spirit. I have had some very special
experiences with prayer this week. I have been writing my prayers out
and it has been an incredible experience to look back and see how The
Lord truly has answered my prayers! I have been praying and praying
for greater faith to bring about miracles and Saturday was a game
changer for me. I prayed to my Heavenly Father to bring about miracles
while we were on trade off with Sister Hall and Sister Bowers and He
DID (in both of the areas). With Sister Hall (in her area) we set a
goal to find a new investigator during our tracting hour or "Golden
Hour."  We only knocked 7 doors and on the 7th door this lady, Cindy,
opened and she was so happy to see us. She invited us in and really
wanted to know what we believed. She was so open to what we had to
share with her and was excited to have us back on Tuesday. We bore our
testimonies at the end of the lesson about the Book of Mormon and she
said "What do you think I am going to be doing once you leave?? I am
going to be curling up right there on the couch and reading this
book." :-) It was so great :-) The next day we were out finding
potentials and we came across this lady named Gayle, she was out
smoking. We found out that she had a stroke and a heart attack only a
year before and was going through therapy. She was also the last
living person in her family, her siblings and parents were all
deceased. We began to talk to her about the gospel and she said that
she had some wonderful friends from georgia that were Mormon that she
kept in contact with. They had given her a Book of Mormon and had
talked to her about the gospel, so we just started asking questions
and indeed they had taught her! Within 10 minutes we invited her to be
baptized in August and she said YES! :-) She was overjoyed and so
excited to prepare for baptism :-) Member missionary work is
incredible, if all members would reach out and touch the lives of
those around them like they had this lady then we would have people a
lot more inclined to join the church when missionaries come around at
the right time!

With Sister Lambson, I learned that I need to follow the spirit
IMMEDIATELY. I was on facebook teaching some lessons when I felt from
the spirit that I should leave and go  to the next thing I had
planned. I am not sure what would have happened if I had listened, but
I felt so guilty when I didn't and kept going on facebook for a little
bit longer. I KNOW in my heart that something would have happened if I
had listened to the spirit, ended the lesson that i had on facebook
and went on to the next activity that we had planned. I felt like I
had failed The Lord, it was the worst feeling. Who knows, maybe I
missed out on meeting some elect individual who was being prepared for
baptism and I lost that opportunity. I don't know, but I know that I
always want to follow a prompting immediately!! Without delay!!

Funny story, we were going to Family Home Evening at a members home
this past monday (a week ago) and I cut the corner making a right hand
turn and hit the curb and the front right tire EXPLODED! It was so
loud! Yup, I blew the tire! HAHA! There is a first time for
everything. LOL :-) I have had flat tires, but never had them explode
like that! Thank goodness we were going slow! :-) You'll see some
pictures. Its not much to look at, but its definitely flat!

Had an amazing week with our ONE progressing investigator Terry. We
were able to mow her lawn for her. At 3 in the afternoon, with it
nearly 100 degrees outside, it was SOOO HOT!! I have never sweat so
much in my entire life, but it actually felt good! Her lawn was so
overgrown. We worked hard to get it looking great! I loved it! It was
such a great stress reliever. I came to understand in the moment when
I was out in the Hot sun mowing this wonderful woman's lawn, that
service is huge! Service changes everything! It transforms your life
and your spiritual self. It is incredible! We must serve. If we are to
have Charity, the pure love of Christ, we must be serving. If we are
to truly repent, we must be serving. If we want to overcome our
challenges and obstacles in life, we must serve. If we want better
mental clarity and a close relationship with the Holy Ghost, we must
serve. Service changes everything! That is when it all clicked in my
head and this week became such a transformational week for me! To love
and to do all that i want to do and become, I must SERVE! I am so
grateful for this knowledge and I hope to continue to learn and grow
even more as I expand on that knowledge and grow from it!


I always have more to say, but I am running out of time today! Hope
you all have a great week! I love you and I want you to know that i
have a testimony of this gospel and this great work! Missionary work
and member work are not two different things. We have all promised and
been "called" as missionaries, when we were baptized, to stand as a
witness at all times and to share the Gospel wherever we may be. We
must all do this. Full time missionaries must work together with
members. We must support and work with each other. I have such a huge
testimony of this. One day we won't be able to go door to door, it's
already happening win more and more gated communities and laws that
keep you off certain properties or you could be arrested, and it's all
going to be on the members to do this work. Missionary work is one of
he greatest works we can be doing. :) I will be a missionary NOW AND
FOREVER!!


Love ya'll
Sister Heckel :)

Quote for the week:
"Don't ask God for what you can do yourself, ask God for miracles
because that is what He does!" -a very passionate investigator.


P.S Got to see the beach today! Yay!
One of the pictures....Holy bumper stickers......!! :)

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...