Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Larissa - Miracle!! Conference!! Revelation!!

Dear family and friends!! 

so this week was amazing and I am not sure where to start. Well first off we found two amazing families this week. Fernando and kathy:) Kathy speaks mostly english but Fernando is all spanish. not really sure how that works with there family but it works for us! haha they have 7 kids, so they beat our family. They are all so adorable and love having us come over and we are excited to start teaching them and helping them learn more about the Gospel. The second is Jorge and Bertha. They are all so cute.  kinda the same situation but Jorge speaks english and Bertha spanish. They are both so cute and I love them all. They are all just wanting to learn more about the church and we are so excited for that miracle!! 

This week was had a BLITZ. never had one before and it was so much fun. Basically all the missionaries in our zone (about 16 missionaries) came into our area and we divided the area and every companionship walked or biked and we just talked to everyone!!! it was so much fun. We saw so many miracles and talked to so many people. Next week we will  be blitzing another area in our zone!  haha funny experience though. we decided to walk up this street that went on FOREVER and didn't really look like it had any houses. but we kept going and eventually decided to turn back. but on our way back, the one house that was on the street had a lady coming out the front door holding a baby and trying to water plants. We offered to help her but she just said not but invited us in. Come to find out that the missionaries had been visiting her only 2 months earlier and they stopped because she had moved!!! haha even  funnier story. I had a little bit of allergies that day and sneezed she turned to me and said "do you need a tissue?" no i said "do you want some honey?" ???? uhhhh what? then she continues "if you eat a table spoon of honey that will help get ride of all your symptoms from allergies!" I said okay.... not wanting to be rude or anything cause she was super excited. She comes back with this HUGE jar of honey and a ladle..... so she gets this HUGE scoop of honey and shoves it in my mouth...... Let me tell you NASTY, but all my allergy symptoms went away. not sure if it was just God being merciful because I had to eat the nasty honey or if it actually worked. But hey I lived:P  

This Week we also Had MLC and we got to go to two Zone meetings. Now I am the Sister training leader of Lake Jackson:) I get to go back there for exchanges to the area I was born in!!! super excited!! Then we went to our own zone meeting as well.... Let me tell you the week goes by so fast when you have meetings almost every day. and then conference on top of that. The week just flew by! 

Was Conference AMAZING or what!!! literally I love it! It is better then the super bowl! I am so grateful for wonderful leaders!! what a huge blessing and what amazing messages. My faith was definitely strengthened and I received a lot of revelation this past weekend:) I want to share a story about a women in our ward. Hna. Gomez is an elderly lady in our ward. She lives alone and is the sweetest thing ever. She has a very hard time getting around and can barely see. She came to the church to watch conference which is about a 10 minute drive from her house. Watched the session in spanish alone, and then after the session started her walk home. Luckily the Friendswood sisters saw her and gave her a ride home. but she has walked there and was walking home which for her was really hard. just to hear the prophet speak. What great faith. She is amazing. That reminded me of a quote by one of the general authorities where he asked "if our car was broke down would we walk to church?" Hna. Gomez would! Shes amazing:) I just love her. 

What an amazing and filling week:) I love this work so much! we are so excited to work hard this week. I will be going on exchanges to Lake Jackson and my old area!!! and then back to beautiful Galveston!!! GAHHH I love Texas!! 

Hope you all have a killer week and I will talk to yall later!!! 

Con amor, Hermana Heckel 






1. 1 year left.... 30 days.... AHHHH 
2. Chevy:) cutes thing ever!!
3. hna. Gomez. Sweetest thing ever.
4. say hello to our BIG friend. 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...