Monday, April 27, 2015

Larissa - Last Week Going Strong!

Dear family and friends.

This past week was super fun!! I don't even know where to start. 

okay well first I was able to go on exchanges with Hna. Huntsman at the beginning of the week. She came to my area and was able to participate in the blizt that we had. I love her so much and she is an amazing missionary and will touch so many lives. We had our amazing member help us out by driving us to and from Kemah where the sisters live (which is about 15 miles one way) so that we could save miles! Gina is amazing:) 

I was also able to go on exchanges BACK TO HOUSTON 1 WITH HNA.HULL:) Sister Calton the other sister training leader has been sick and so I was able to help her with exchanges and one of them was with Hna. Hull:) it was amazing to be back. We talked for so long and it was fun to teach there again. The ward is so amazing, Hna. Hull has had so many miracles and I am so happy for her. It was amazing to see all of the old faces again. A little sad because the ward boundaries changed and now all my recent converts are either back in Mexico or in another ward... haha so funny. but it was awesome. We also went out with Kiko who awesome. totally biffed it on his bike. haha he ran directly into a hole and it flung his back tire into the air and then off to the side. He jumps up quickley and says "did you see that!!!! I fell!!!..... THAT WAS DEEP!!!" haha oh yes kiko we definitely saw. Hna. Hull and I were laughing so hard and so was he. haha goodness I love these people. We went out and taught a bunch of people and also had a Mordida (when you "take a bite" aka get your face shoved into a cake) hna. Hull has all the pictures so I will have to show it later. but when I do mordida.... EVERYONE DOES MORDIDA:) haha it makes it more fun that way. except for the fact that the fact that the frosting died my face:P

After the exchange I went back to my own area and our member had a birthday party for her son and we stopped by and guess who I saw. La familia Castillo:) from Lake Jackson! I was so happy! such a wonderful surprise to see them again before I left. I love that family so much its crazy! 

Miracle!! We went to try a referral and this super nice lady answered the door and was not our referral but let us in. come to find out that she is a less active that had not been to church because she has just moved!! she is in the English ward but still! look at how Heavenly Father was guiding us:) I love it! 

We had the departing temple trip.... WEIRD!! but it was fun because we walk in to start the sesson and Sister Thompson (now Mckayla) was there. She came back and was able to go to the temple with us!! She is so amazing and I was able to talk to her for a while and she helped me so much. I look up to her so much and It was such a blessing to go with her. We were also able to have another training in the temple with President Crane and his wife and President and sister Ashton, which was so amazing. We are seriously so lucky!!! it has been amazing to have so many wonderful temple experiences while I have been here. Such a huge blessing. 

We also got a surprise call from Pico from the old ward areas and he told us that he wanted to feed us. So he brought us food and we ate at a park and we were able to teach him and see how he was doing. We were so thrilled to be able to see him because he has been out of our boundary for so long! what a blessing that Heavenly Father gave us. 


This week we were able to watch Meet the Mormons with Ana and Oscar and there kids:) it was so spiritual! it was absolutely amazing:) we love them so much and are so excited for them to be baptized. We love them so much.

Hope all ya'll have a wonderful week and you receive lots of blessings from our loving Heavenly Father. 

I want you all to know that I love you and I am so grateful for all your support and love that I have received during these wonderful 18 months. This is the Lords work, I have seen his hand in every step. We can do nothing without him. I love my Savior and am grateful for all that he does for us and the blessings we receive everyday through His sacrifice. I know Our Heavenly Father loves each of us. I know that this is the only true church with all the powers and keys to perform ordinances of salvation. I love this gospel, I love missionary work. Thank you for everything.  

Sinceremente, 
La Hermana Heckel












1. Our working with Kiko:) 
2. Edi and Wilson:) I love them
3. Jessica and Hna. Ramos:) 
4. sister Tauasa y Yo at the temple:)
5. Itzel:)
6. temple day
7. we saw PICO!!!!
8. Cute Jesus:) (Jesus is amazing and buys us groceries all the time and loves the missionaries:) we are so grateful for him. 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...