Monday, April 20, 2015

Travis - HEY!!

So right away I think I will start by getting a few details out of the way. So yesterday we received transfer calls. AAAANNNNNNDDDD I am staying!! But oh so sadly my companions leaving, and only after 5 weeks! I knew it was going to happen just because he is a brand new missionary and has been in his first area far too long. But Elder Bernhisel I surely will miss. One of the better companions I have served with and I know he is off to elp do amazing things else where now. And I am getting a huge tongan or samoan....something of that life and wow kinda intimidating! His name is Elder fa! Yes Just FA, I cant wait to see what happens this next transfer its a 7 weeker!!! 

Also if you are wondering the ward is Awesome at feeding and helping us. They are missionary minded in all aspects and most of the time will join us for any lesson. they really care for the missionaries (especially since they have 17 missionaries out) and their are a few families here who are gluten intolerant like me! so they know all the awesome recipes and help me to budget and buy gluten free bread...I just had my first sandwhich in over like 7 months! and they also help anyone else who is feeding us to cook. So everyone knows and does a good job, I don't ask for this by the way, but it got ahead of me and the members happily prepared. overall this is like a mini Midway, just more crowded with cars. And very very much more greener! the amount of trees, bushes and plants is crazy and very beautiful.

I can't express how awesome it is to be able to help people because I was taught a random skill by my parents. It even surprises my companion too! Especially when I helped a guy do landscaping or helping a lady clean her old
apartment before she moves. It is pleasing to be able to watch progression happen and I can't believe how much I fretted over having to do dishes and simple menial chores. Their nothing to me now haha, I hope you all are having fun, I figure things are changing at home and I can't wait to hear all about it when I get home! I love all you family, people persons hahahah!


Well to share some of the success we have been having: We have visited a large variety of people, many of whom are less
active. We even had the chance of seeing a miracles too. So we are preparing for a baptism soon and of course trials are coming up in the life of everyone involved in this baptism. This women is 18, she found the church through her friends and has been learning for about 4 months now! Recently she went away on vacation to visit college and family. There has been some discouragement from family that has left us worried that she may have changed her mind over that reak. But to our joy she came back asking not only when our next lesson would be, but if she could do two more this week.  Her spirit seems stronger than ever and for barley being 19 she has truly felt the guidance of our Heavenly Father. She has pressed forward with faith and to quote her "God may make rules that I do not understand, but I know that he knows everything  and he wants me to succeed. and so I will do my very best to follow everything God gives me." And the fellowship of this Ward is incredible and so helpful.


      We also have been visiting with several less actives, one of these less actives we have visited has been going to the temple daily but won't go to church. We taught her the  lessons, had people fellowship her and everything. We were really nice at times and really serious at others, yet she still wouldn't come. Well a few nights ago, we had planned to visit her that day, but we had no idea what to teach. All day in the back of my head ideas where storming about, when it finally came time.....I had nothing, no inspiration or anything was
hitting me or my companion. We rode our bikes down in silence to her house, we knocked her door and she came out and we sat on the porch. She asked us "so what is the lesson today boys?" And to my surprise my companion said "nothing". Instead we took the time just to sit and talk with her for an hour about her life, stresses, family , job....everything. She actually enjoyed it a lot and invited us back, two more times this week we would stop by for a bit. And to our amazement Sunday rolled around and she came to church!! She even had the chance to bear her testimony in relief society and I guess she mentioned how it felt nice to not only have friends who listen like the missionaries but ones who believe the same thing and aren't trying
to force stuff down her throat. She was really excited and I believe taught me and my companion a lesson. Sometimes the greatest away to connect and help someone is to just be a listening ear. But overall these people we are teaching now are solid and slowly progressing. And we are trying hard to find new investigators but with such a small ward, I think I will be able to knock every door here! So we are encouraging members to Full-fill their full time calling as missionaries, they need to find and we teach. It truly is so much nicer to have someone to teach that already has a fellowshipper who has explained a little of what we teach. Most the time it isn't the full time missionaries that find golden people but the members who teach by friendships and caring. Im glad for this chance I have to serve out here especially in the Small town of Loomis. Like the sign here says its a Small town thats just a big Family.

II love you all and Hope things are going well!! Enjoy everyday, all
day, because whether or not it is a good day or a bad day you still
cannot reclaim that day once it has past.

love Elder Heckel



No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...