Monday, November 30, 2015

Travis - Thank you!

Hello everyone,

This was a rather normal week for once....Not! Haha always something
exciting is going on. This last week was transfer/ thanksgiving week.
So lots of changes came into the zone, with all the new missionaries
it's been a lot of work not only helping them all get settled. But one
in particular we had to take time to teach him how to ride a bike, his
father was from Ghana and he was never taught too ride a bike so he
never learned either. I never realized how many things I took for
granted! I love thanksgiving especially because this is one of the few
times people seem to all be looking out for one another. We had not as
many invited as last thanksgiving. But we certainly had a few great
families feed us. One is the Souliers! He mother happens to be the
daughter of Lynn Clayton who passed away. We had many awesome
conversations about her and the blessings she brought to my life. I'm
sad I missed seeing her one last time before she passed away, but I
know she is in a better place. None the less they fed us like kings
haha, at this rate I never want to see another turkey again. This week
also was rather humbling because although many people answered a lot
told us they don't believe in organized religion. I guess a lot has
gone on in the world than I realized and people are giving up on it.
But a great miracle was one investigator we have been teaching
forever(10 years) finally read his scriptures!! He said he is curious
why the Book of Mormon is kinda like how our world is going today. And
on top of that he invited his girlfriend to come learn!! She pretty
much with her questions she shared told us all about the apostasy and
how the bible may not be 100 percent correct. I was jumping up and
down for joy. We committed her and two other people this week that if
they read and pray this next week to find out if it is true. They are
willing to be baptized!! Everyone says it's rare to get a baptism in
the south of our mission. Yet our zone is killing it!! Haha we are
trying to be obedient and work hard to find those who are ready to
hear the wonderful word of God. Sorry for the short letter we are
going laser tagging! So I'll be out for a bit, but I would love to
hear how your thanksgiving been going.


P.s. That tire wasn't me


-Elder Heckel



No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...