Monday, November 16, 2015

Travis- Our Neighbors Cat

ELDERS, SISTERS, BROTHERS, SISTERS? and everyone else 

Well well well, another week has flown by! We had an amazing week this week as we have gotten out more and more trying to meet new people(it seems a lot of less actives have moved) but we where able to find a lot of potential young people for the YSA. In fact most our lessons last week fell through so all he lessons we got where with new people! This week flew by pretty quick as we had awesome interviews with our mission president. A lot of the mission mentality seems to be changing for the better, it's real exciting to see all these 18 years olds come in(holy crap 18?!?!?) but it was fun to hear all the good news about the mission and to receive some much needed council on how we can best help him. I also went to my first meeting of zone leaders! We all got together and discussed secret stuff about the mission and what we can do to more motivate all missionaries. I love it and was able to meet many missionary friends I have made on the mission. I have been so blessed to cross paths with so many wonderful people and to witness many miracles with them. I can't believe time is flying and Christmas is coming soon! Hahaha in no time it will be here, but there are a few funny things that happened here over the past several weeks. One is we just got a new suit for my companion. He flexed his leg muscles a little to hard and ripped his pants(good food in California) and I died laughing. It seems I'm one of the few not to gain extreme amounts of weight. Hahahahahaha and also this week we came in late one night and the neighborhood cat was around our apartment. We for fun meowed at it and it came right over to us. Surprised I picked it up and we tried to feed it hotdogs that had rotted  XD but it wasn't willing to play the game so we let it go  and it just sat their at our door. So me thinking of what to do with this opportunity decided to test a myth I had heard. So I grabbed in a lint roller sheet and before it could do anything I slapped in onto the side of this cat. And at first it just stared at it, but when it got up and started walking it freaked out. It couldn't run straight and keep running side ways smashing into bushes, cars  and even poles. It was sprinting so fast we couldn't catch it at all. And heck I could catch it either because I was dying laughing as it screamed meowing. Finally it hit the door of its owner in which we ran inside. Poor cat, I scarred him for life! Hahahahahaha but I loved this week and I love my companion too, he's been the biggest blessing in helping me.....p.s. About 20 minutes ago I bought a whole bunch a groceries from a gluten free store! And guess what the lady who helped me had my buy Organic flour foods instead of gluten free....and they don't give refunds! So my companion got all my food this week hahaha. Well I got to go but I love you all and hope you have a fantastic time. 

Elder Heckel 




No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...