Monday, November 2, 2015

Travis- This is gonna be Fat.

Wow! This week blew by way to fast! It is such a blessing to be out here and serve and the time seems to go faster and faster. -the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days- is a true sign that I'm obviously enjoying this way to much. This week was challenging though, so last week I mentioned hat my companion was ill, well as he started to get better I got what ever he had and was knocked out. I was out for a few days just stuck in bed with a trash can, but during this time it gave us some much needed study to catch up and prepare for this week. So the First part of the week we had some funny things going on, every night before bed we always play one round of chess to get us to relax, I've become quite good learning from a former companion, so  sometimes I let my companion now win(don't let him know that). But during one night we had a scare for a second, a missionary sent out an email to all of us elders in the area showing his super bloody and bent up finger.  Immediately we called them up and asked what happened? Elder Swaner(Sr. Companion)  told us his companion and him where chopping wood with a splitter. He was controlling the axe, while his companion would throw the wood on. Then outta nowhere his companion started yelling and freaking out! So he quickly pulled the machine back to find that his finger got sucked inbetween the blade and the wood, when he tried to pull the wood apart with the splitters help! 😁 (I would send a picture but people may not keep what's in their stomach) so he said they wrapped it up and took 1600 mg of Ib-profen  (bad idea #1 Don't  EVER TAKE THAT MUCH) and they have just laid for 4 hours at the apartment not quite knowing what they should do. (Bad idea #2) So we rushed over grabbed them and went straight to a member who was a doctor, the guy examined the finger, telling us it isn't as bad as it looks and proceeded to number the finger with 4 very long needles. Then after he couldn't feel it he used a sponge and grinded off all the dirt, dead skin, and blood. (The way he did it I bet would have killed someone if it wasn't numbed up) after it was finished he dipped in hydrogen peroxide. The doctor told us that he could either stitch it up or he could bandage it and take very very good care of it and probably have a blessing. He choose the latter in which we gave him the blessing and watched him wrap the finger up nice and good. After all is said and done, he is doing fantastic today. We where quite worried that it might have cut straight to the bone or completely broke his finger. But lucky he was blessed to not have that happen this happened all at 10 pm. Then the next day we are called to go make sure a sister is alright who we found was having to pass kidney stones!! 😰 she kept it a secret from the missionaries in our zone but a member found out about it. We went over and offered a blessing and ended up instead going and grabbing some groceries for them. She was as white as a ghost, she told us we can't do anything until they pass by themselves......I never want to go through that EVER. So I'm going to try completely cutting out soda from my life haha. Oh and last but not least another companionship gave us a call or should I say companion who while biking didn't realize his other companion had a popped tire and stopped. So when he realized he was gone, he backtracked and he couldn't find him. So he called us asking what he should do, we told him to ride to the lesson he was going to and we will meet him their. Well right as we got their the missing companion walked up with his bike obviously not happy. We asked what had happened and he (angrily) told us that he was left by his companion so we he the fastest route on foot instead of the one they originally biked figuring he would just be at the lesson already. That's why he didn't find him at first, it was a funny false alarm but at the same time pretty good scare. So now my wacky stories are over I have a few miracles I want to share. 

 during the latter week we managed to catch some people home in the apartments once again, one guy even though we where his friend and told us to come right in! It was quite funny to see his surprise, but none the less I'm starting to do my cleaning plan like my two areas before, getting rid of old contacts and finding new people to teach, heck some of these people on record never had a return visit from almost 2 years ago? But we had success in getting to meet a friend of a member who's name is Ted. Ted is about the nicest guy I've ever met and his lessons are already going to be fantastic, Just in our casual conversation when we met him, he was asking us serious golden questions about the church and who we see Jesus Christ as( as if we are any different from the other Christian religion?) but as he asked these questions we felt the spirit so strongly guiding us and him, he doesn't quite recognize it yet, but he told us. "You guys their is something special....some feeling or aura you people carry around and I want to know how I can get that." I wanted to just blurt out everything about the church at that moment, but the spirit and common sense told me and my companion to wait(we are at the Halloween party BTW) 
  Also this week we met with Abbie and Autumn again (the 15 and 10 yr old) I learned a little more of their past as they have had a difficult life with their parents, who got divorced. But it was so cool as we had them teach us the plan of salvation (we shared last time) then we added on about the blessings of the celestial kingdom including being sealed forever. There was a long pause after that in which Abby started to cry, she shared with us how amazing that is and if it were true, how bad she wanted that in her life. Ever since her parents broke up she worried about marriage, worried about not marrying the right one and the pain and sorrow that might come upon her kids if a divorce happened. She didn't want them to ever feel abandoned like she did, and if they can all be sealed together forever, what greater thing can their be to gain? With the spirit so strong we challenged them to both read from the Book of Mormon and to pray to know if this all true and that baptism would be right. They gladly accepted, and even after we left she texted us and thanked us and said she wanted us to meet a few friends who she believed would want this message 😆. This two miracles made up my whole week! I love this gospel so much, the hope and assurance it brings is one of a kind. I know people everywhere in the world can benefit from following this message. I know their s true power and strength behind it. I have felt it push and carry me on the days I didn't think I could make it. I love my savior Jesus Christ and know he is real! that he did die for me and for you.  I hope you all know that and if not seek it out, it will do more to make you stronger and happier then all the people, money or items in the world. Well I hope to hear from y'all some day.


-Elder Heckel

P.s. A picture of The sickest car ever(hellcat)! 






No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...