Monday, November 11, 2013

Jenessa Week 4 FLEW BY!

Hello Everyone-
This past week just absolutely FLEW BY! I cant believe that I have been out here for almost a month now (just a few days away).....and that transfers are coming up in two weeks. The days are already blurring together and time just seems to be running faster then I am able to keep up with. We are working hard and learning a lot here in the Normandy area! The people here in the area are incredible. Right now we are teaching a family and they are really liking what we are teaching, we are working on getting them to come to church. I think the mothers biggest reservation is they have a 6 year old daughter that has severe ADHD and she doesn't know how she would handle three hours of church, but we have been assuring her that all would be well. Hopefully we will set baptismal dates with them this week for sometime in December and get them coming to church. They really are so sweet!
Its really even difficult to tell you anything in particular that happened this week because it all just blurred into one big day between last pday and today! Its crazy! I did have the opportunity to speak on Sunday with the Bishop. I spoke on Gratitude and Obedience! I talked about Gratitude and thanksgiving and how we can show that thanks to the Lord through keeping the commandments and being obedient. I shared my story about my "accident" with the man hole when I was 16 and how that taught me a lot about being obedient to my parents and also to my Father in Heaven. I knew I shouldn't have gone up that road, not only did mom tell me to come straight home...but I remember feeling the Spirit telling me that I should turn around...and I didn't. I learned so much from that experience. I know that the Lord blesses us when we follow him and keep his commandments. I know that it is a way that we can show that we are grateful for all the things that he gives us! (That's basically the readers digest version of my talk....maybe I will share the whole things through my blog nessamoments.blogspot.com). Oh...and if you really just don't know the story about the man hole.....ask my parents they would LOVE to tell you all about it!!! :-)  
I have been reminded this week that the Lord will/does require hard things of us. That he always will. He does this to strengthen us and make us into the men/women that He see's in us, of which we do not see in ourselves!  We must go forward with faith, knowing that everything is as it should be. We have to remember that as Elaine S. Dalton said "Hard things are not bad, they are just hard." Let us take courage that through the good time and the hard time, the Lord has our backs. Let us take courage knowing that there is plan for each of us. That we have a loving Heavenly Father who sent his Son, who did the hardest of all things so that we wouldn't have to! We can turn to our Savior and partake of His goodness and never thirst more! :-) I know that these things are true as I have been able to use the Enabling, Ennobling, and Redeeming power of the Atonement that the Lord invites us all to partake of!!! I love this work and I am so happy to be a missionary at this time!! :-) Thank you for all of your prayers on behalf of all the missionaries out in the world! We feel them!! We really do! :-)
Have a wonderful week!
Love
Sister Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...