Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Larissa Good Morning!

Well we just ended week 3!!! It has been the greatest week ever!! One thing I have learned about the CCM is that this work is all in your attitude, I have been so blessed to have a companion that is so uplifting and happy. This last week we had our "star moment" with our investigator Carlos, we had been having trouble with him and we had been having trouble talking because I can just talk forever and make sentences and just go but my companion knows all the important words I need so we work pretty good together but we had trouble because we couldnt understand eachother let alone the investigator.... yeah teaching is hard when stuff like that happens but we had been praying so hard for carlos and for us to teach him something that he needs in his life so we decided we would study but go into this lesson and strictly listen to the spirit and go wherever we needed. IT WAS AMAZING!! we Both spake so good and understood eachother and spirit soooo strong, we almost asked him to be baptised but we ran out of time so dont worry we will get him next week haha SB (haha that is Jk in spanish). 

My district is seriously the Bomb!!! I know i probly talk about them in every letter but I seriously love all of them, they are one of the reasons I havent gone crazy here and one of the reasons I have.... if that makes sense:P well they made up a new nickname for me.... cause I am the shortest girl in our district and zone and one day we were talking about Lord of the Rings ( i know great missionary topic) and then Elder Stewart gave me the nickname "the hobbit"... and it stuck, haha i dont really mind but it so random and weird! haha they are all so fun, we do everything together and have gotten so so close with everyone, good thing all of them are from utah because we are having a CCM reunion when everyone gets back and we can all speak spanish to eachother and that will be really cool.

The spanish is coming along so good now, I can pray, bare my testimony (kinda) write a talk (kinda) and completely teach my lessons in spanish! me and my comp decided to make a goal to speak as much spanish as we possible and it is so much easier when we speak all the time and use the words we learn, plus we had the smart elders (elder corry and Elder Bennet) come help up when we have problems and they gave us great advice that completely helped us teach. I am so happy we are finally getting there!! we are still having a little trouble understanding but it is gradually getting better. And something else i found out. Spanish is the most undetailed language in the entire world, that is the problem we are having right now is that we want to use really expressive words that dont exist in spanish. So its hard to express yourself when you dont have very many detail words.... so great. I still think it would be harder to learn english cause we have rules that dont make sense I mean think about the word Depot.... why did we decide for this one word to make the T silent....? yeah I know crazy! But I love spanish so much it is really awesome and once we really start speaking it it is really easy speak. I love it and cant wait to be able to teach real investigators and talk to them. 

This week one sunday our devotional was by Elder Holland (my favorite) it was incredible he talked to us about the book of mormon and how he has lately seen so many missionaries come into the mtc and no read the book of mormon all the way through and dont know the stories.... I have read the book of mormon all the way through but I dont know the stories terribly well which kinda sucks sometimes when you want to pull out a story for your investigator but you cant cause you dont know where it is. The book of mormon is the key stone to our religion, it is the word of god and it is so important and I love the amazing stories in there!!! He also talked about when people ask what the symbol of the church is... well we dont have one the closest thing we have is missionaries. Cool huh!! He also talked about mad he gets when missionaries go home and fall away, he asked if that was what we wanted for our investigators. Once we leave do we want them to just fall away and go back into there old ways? No way!! It was an incredible talk and definitely has bumped my scripture study up for sure. haha another thing that was cool was that he said that we are probably the most prayed for people in the church... next to the prophet, we are probly neck and neck with the prophet:P

I know you will be shocked but I can still wake up early and be happy as a bird in the morning, haha the Hermanas in my room are all quiet morning people, I wake up about 45 minutes before them to get some personal study in (its easier for me to wake up at 5.. not sure why) so I am like wide awake by the time they all wake up!! haha but I love mission life! I am tired, stressed, working constantly but so full of the spirit and so driven to learn this gospel for the people in texas houston, so that I can bless there lives the way mine has been blessed. 


The food is good.... stay away from any type of "jello", "pudding", or "flaun" so nasty.... everything else is pretty good, everything is spicy but I am really starting to like it alot!! and I found a new system where i bring a water bottle to lunch and fill it up with juice:) so now my day is so much better then it was before!! 

We went to the temple today, all in spanish! I was really surprised how well I could understand everything!! I loved it, spanish is so awesome!! And the Templo esta muy muy bien!! 

I have no words to describe how greatful I am to be here and to learn, we have the most incredible Miestro ever Hermana Castiano, seriously he is a life saver and is so good with us. I will have to send a picture of him soon. 

OHHHHHHH!! so guess who is the new Sister Leaders for our Zone! yep me and my comp got called last week to be sister leaders, its kinda like zone leaders but with the sisters, we just get to go around and visit them and make sure they are doing okay and help them when they need it. It truly was an answer to my prayer, there is a test you can take in the preach my gospel and it can show you things you need to work on or study and such and one thing I decided i wanted to work on is Charity. This is completely perfect for this and I am so grateful for it!!

So funniest thing ever, we had our oldest district in our zone leave yesterday and today, well we have a tradition in our zone that we have a testimony meeting the friday before a zone leaves. well it was during our study time and we kinda got in trouble for it.... funny how the thing we get in trouble for in the CCM is for having a secret testimony meeting right? but it was so good, I got super close to our zone so it was so sad to see them leave, I cant even imagine leaving my district.... I am going to be so sad when I leave them. But i thought that was funny, haha us little rebelious missionaries having a testimony meeting when we should be studying. I love it!! 

We are getting a new district this next week and we are sooooo excited:) one because our zone is so small and we need new people to talk in sacrament so we dont have to talk. and then we want to play the adams family game with them....:) a little CCM hazing if you will but it is fun and we end up getting to know them pretty well after that, Oh and our new zone leader is in our district so we have all the "power" now!! haha right.

I love this gospel, I love being a missionary. I have been so blessed already and I have only been here three weeks. it feel like longer! Its incredible, this is the best decision of my life!! 



 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...