Monday, February 24, 2014

Larissa: Exchanges, Stake Conference, Teenagers.

Well this week was great!! We had alot of fun and man we had alot to do!
This week was stake conference over in Bay City about an hour away, its a little stressful because alot of our recent converts dont drive (teens) or dont have a car, so we were scrambling to get them there but thankfully we got them all there and back both  days safe and sound. The conference was all about missionary work:) which was fantastic and I hope that everyone in our branch was paying attention because it was exactly what we needed to help our baby branch grow up! Hermana Parra was translating so I sat back with our Recent converts 3 of whom are teenages.... loud, antsy, non reverent girls that I love so very much!! Mom, you would have been very proud, I am going to be a great mother:) regardless of the way they were acting they still felt the spirit and each one of them learned something knew. Cecilia (who is 16 and was baptized in january) said after the conference and we got home "I feel good, I feel like I did some really good things today and I just feel happy, tired and hungry but happy." That was the best thing to hear from her. I love all these girls so much, they have become very dear to my heart and I can't imagine when I have to get transfered and leave them:( but I wont think about it until it comes. 
Also at conference we had 4 men receive the Melkizdic priestood, those have been the first men to recieve that priestood in over a year and a half in this branch. It was absolutely incredible to see them and they are men that have come back from addictions that have lasted there whole life that they were able to leave for the gospel and have received strength in fighting them through this gospel. German has been smoking since he was 9 years old (he is now 40+ years) and in two weeks was able to stop smoking all together and has not smoked since. Jose has drank coffee every morning since he was a child and left that as well. not to mention alcohol and other things. they have come such a long way and are now incredible men of faith and have changed there lives dramatically. So amazing the miracles that I have been able to witness since I have been here. 

I have been feeling a little (ALOT) down lately so I felt inspired to ask my Branch President ( Who i love so very much) for a blessing. He sat me down and talked with me and my comp for a while and helped me out so much. Then the miracle was when he answer exactly the questions I had been praying about in his prayer. EXACTLY answered them. I had not shared this with him either before he gave me the blessing. I love priesthood blessings and I am so grateful for worthy priesthood holders that can do the lords work and help those around them. That God can speak through them and give us comfort through them. God has blessed my life so much this week I cant even begin to express how grateful I am for all the miracles God has blessed me with. 

Last week we burned all the  conference talks for this last conference on CDs to listen to in our car. It has made a huge difference in the spirit. We also downloaded alot of songs from LDS.org and are listening to them. I can not wait till next conference to hear the words of the Lord through the Prophet and apostles of our day. We are so blessed to have this blessing on the earth, we receive and feel so much of Gods love through our Prophet and Apostles. ha Everytime we get in the car we think of someone we want to share this talk with or how it can help our members and investigators, we have recieved alot of revelations through these talks and it has been such a blessing to be able to feel of the spirit more strongly as we are driving around lovely Lake Jackson.

I am almost finished with the book of Mormon for the first time and I am loving reading it so much! every chance I get I am reading! There are so many incredible things that God is allowing me to see and notice and learn and it is amazing! I know the scriptures are the word of God and it is so frustrating when people do not read them. If you want to know that his church is true, read the evidence that God has given us to know that it is true. It will do you no good if you dont read the thing that sets us apart that proves that the things we are teaching you is true. The book of Mormon is incredible and I only wish I had more time in the day to read from it. 

Well this week we are looking super hard for new investigators and opportunities to share the gospel also we have a baptism this week:) ANA!! so excited

I love my mission and I am learning so much, I have noticed how much I have changed from the person I used to be. I am so grateful that I can make the changes and become the person God  wants me to be:) I love this work and I cant wait till I can learn to do this to the fullness of my ability! 
Love you all so much,
Hermana Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...