Monday, February 3, 2014

Larissa, So many Miracles.

Dearest People I love:)
This week was pretty awesome!! we had alot of fun with our members of the ward and are trying to help strengthen them and helping them learn to invite people to come to church and share the gospel.
We had transfers last week and I stayed in my area (yay:) I love it and I am so grateful I get to stay for at least another transfer, we are working on our branch real hard to help it become a ward and we are finding people everywhere and the people we are finding the Lord has prepared amazingly for this work. I know none of this would be possible without his hand in the work.
We had a really REALLY cool expirience this last week with a  investigator we actually lost contact with for a while and finally ran into her and started teaching her. She said that a couple days before she has a dream:
In the dream she was standing with a large group of people behind her she was on the bank of a large river. She looked on the other side of the river and there was a mountain and on the mountain was the true church of Christ, and Jesus Christ himself was there. She knew she needed to get to the other side but could not find away to cross over the river. She looked in the distance and saw two girls walking on the water with a book, they came to her and helped her to walk on the water and cross the river to the church on the mountain.
She told us that the only young girls she knew was us so it had to be us and we had the same book. She had also never had a dream like that before in her life, she said it was so real and clear and she remembered it perfectly when she woke up. That day she committed to be baptized and come to church with us the next day:) So CRAZY!! That was really an answer to our prayers! haha what more could we ask for
We are seeing so many amazing miracles in our area, Pray we find some new Investigators this up coming week we are ready to get to work and share the gospel with all those we come in contact with.
spanish is going haha I understand more every week which helps me talk more and it just goes up from there, I am hoping and praying for the gift of interpretation of tongues soon, that will make things alot easier to teach and work together as a companionship when i know what both of them are saying. but it really is getting better and I can kinda have conversations with people and when I dont know what they are saying, I just smile and nod:P haha its funny I am really learning to laugh at myself and my aweful spanish, haha I actually in one of my first prayers a while ago instead of praying for someone to have comfort (consuelo) I prayed for them to have confusion (confuso) hahahah so funny!! (please bless cecilia with confusion) hahaha so great definitely one to remember!
We are going to the temple for baptisms this week and I am so excited One of our recent converts LOVES family history so much, she didnt want to leave when we taught her how, so we will do it with her again once she recieves more information about her ancestors, She is so fantastic!!
I really cant believe how amazing our recent converts are! they are some of hte strongest members ever! they do have many trials but they know that they can make the right choices and be blessed for them.
I am so grateful for the amazing opportunity I have to be here and to meet these incredible people and be a tool in the Lords hands to help them learn abou the gospel. I am also grateful I have the chance to learn more about the gospel, I didnt know anything before I came out here and now I have learned how to learn and what to learn. It is incredible!! I love my mission and My area and the amazing members and investigators.
Thank you for all you love you prayers and letter (keep them coming:P)
Sinceremente,
Hermana Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...