Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Jenessa, Week 18- Sick.....are you kidding me???

Hey Everyone-

I hope all is going well back in Utah, and wherever you may be reading
this. :-)
Hope ya'll had a wonderful Valentines Day!! We spent the day sick :( So sad!!!
Sister Carlson (one of the other Normandy Sisters) got this cold/flu
sickness at the same time that i did.... on VALENTINES...haha!!
Showing the love by sharing our sicknesses! haha! So we did a little
trade off and our companions got together and did some missionary work
and then the next day they decided that they were going to get the
stomach flu. We (Sister Carlson and I) were still sick, so we just all
were inside on Saturday. Then Sister Carlson and I woke up still
feeling crummy, but better so we thought we would try and go to
church....well that was a bad idea...we go up and got ready and then
everything was NOT feeling better...I was doing better then her, but
it was not good enough to go to church, but by the end of the day we
were feeling much better....unlike our companions who were still
feeling awful and throwing up. Sister Carlson and I felt great on
Monday and so we were able to go out and teach a few people, while our
companions were still in recovery... LOL :-)

It seems like the whole week was just full of sickness and nothing got
done....which is so sad.....cause Sister Orton has been battling these
headaches, so we have not been super productive, even when we could go
out this week. Then on Thursday Sister Martinez and I were together on
a trade off...haha! I got to be companions with each of the Sisters
here in Normandy this week!! HAHA!! So great!

Sister Carlson and Sister Orton were able to go to the temple on
Thursday, down to Orlando....and I will probably get to go next
transfer....sooooo excited!! We got permission in our mission to go to
the temple at our half way mark and then right before we go home. :-)
I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!  While Sister Carlson and Sister Orton were gone,
Sister Martinez and I got the opportunity to be companions for the
day. It was fun. We were able to go out and try many people and even
had appointments, but they fell through all day!! So frustrating, but
I am not discouraged....just determined to keep going and I know that
The Lord will place those people in our path that we are meant to
teach, EXACTLY when we are meant to teach them. Just have to be
patient and it will come. :-)

It has been nice to have an Ipad to entertain me while I have been
sick, although staring at it for a long period of time with a head
cold and stuff would give me a headache... :/ Its been an adjustment
with the ipads, but goodness we are going to be so much more effective
as missionaries with this wonderful tool! i am so blessed to be a part
of this!! :-)

I am being transferred!! AHH!! So excited! Adventures await!! I am
going to be going to Hendricks Avenues Ward and will be serving with
Sister McCleary!! Woot woot! :-)

This will be my new address:

6655 Corporate Center Parkway
Apt. 1630, Mailbox 5
Jacksonville, FL 32216


You should send me letters, so then I can write back :-)
For those who have sent me letters, thank you!!! :-) I have really
enjoyed the notes and cards. It just makes my day!

Have a wonderful day!

Much Love
Sister Heckel

BTW.....it is February 18th and it is 80 degrees outside!!!

Oh....Enjoy the pictures! From my area in Normandy!
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...