Monday, August 11, 2014

Jenessa Week 42 - I LOVE THE COUNTRY

Hey Ya'll - 

Wow! I LOVE THE COUNTRY!! I forgot how much I absolutely love the country. And did i mention how much I love the country??! Oh wow! Its just a blessing to be able to work out here in Waycross, GA, with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I am telling you, there is not a nicer bunch of people on this planet. Its amazing. The people out here in Waycross are so nice! Every person we have met so far is just down to earth, kind and just radiate love! Its a marvelous thing to experience. 

Funny thing about where I live.....I was driving to a members home when I suddenly I realized that we had turned onto "Midway Church Road"....then a mile or so down the road there was a "Midway Baptist Church".....then whats even BETTER.....is then we came across an elementary school and it said "Midway Elementary School." :-) It made me feel right at home! I will be going back to take a picture with that soon! :-) I thought it was pretty great! This is the best area ever to finish off my mission!! I love it! 

My companion Sister Boucher is incredible! She has come out here on FIRE and ready to share the gospel. I am the luckiest trainer ever. She has just helped fan the flames of my fire as a missionary, that i didn't even realize had gone down. I am so grateful for her and her incredible example. She is the youngest of 9, coming from a blended family: kind of a yours, mine, and ours deal. :-) She is 21 and absolutely amazing! I love her so much! We are going to learn so much from one another and we are going to baptize all 12 people out here in Waycross :-) 

This week was just a whirlwind of getting settled and trying to get to know the area and the ward. We have set some wonderful goals and feel very confident in the plans that we have prayerfully created so that we can accomplish our goals here in the Waycross area! Sister Boucher is going to experience some mighty miracles!!! 

Sister Boucher and I are two very lucky Sisters, after only being here 3 days we had the opportunity to go to Kingsland Stake Conference, and they were calling a new stake presidency and guess who was here?? Elder D. Todd Christoferson and Elder Larry Kacher (from Midway!) :-) It was such a neat experience! We were able to go to both the Saturday evening and the Sunday session and let me tell you, what a life changing meeting that was for me! i have never had so much personal revelation come to me in one meeting then i did there. The Spirit just filled my heart almost to bursting. I was a wreck sitting up in the choir seats listening to this apostle of God, and all the other wonderful speakers just speak words that range true to my heart and helped me to see some "bigger picture" things that I had been missing. I love the Lord! 

I am so grateful for the knowledge that i have that there are living, breathing Apostles of the Lord here on the earth! I am know that they are called of God. I know that God speaks through them. I know that he works through them to guide us in these last days as we prepare for the coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ once again! I am so grateful that EVERY person, including myself, can gain this witness! I know that this is true! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, as I can hear Gods voice speaking to me every time I open its pages. I LOVE HIS VOICE!! I know that God lives. I know that He loves us. I know that He sent His only begotten Son to die for us, that we might live again! I know that He has a plan for us, and that as we follow Him and keep His commandment, we will find more joy and knowledge then we could ever imagine. I know that these things are true and say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! 

Wish I had more time to write, but I gotta run! 

Love ya'll



No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...