Monday, August 25, 2014

Jenessa - Week 44 - Can't beat the Georgia HEAT!!

Hi Ya'll-

Todays email is going to be shorter. We are going to the Okefenokee Swamp today! Should be exciting. Hope to see some wild alligators :-) We shall see. 

This week was incredible and incredibly hot, and I sweat a lot, I am pretty sure my companion had to mop me up and bring me home each night in a bucket. I am glad that is over though, It was supposed to be the hottest week of the year here in Georgia. Hopefully that holds true and from here on out we can stay below 105!! 

Despite the heat though, we went forward and had so many miracles. We found SEVEN new investigators this week and one of them is this mother of 4, Christine! She was so very interested in what we had to share. She said that she was 30 and had never been baptized. She just had too many questions about/for God! We were able to share our message about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon with her and she almost took the Book of Mormon right out of my hands, she wanted it! She said that she would read and would love to start sending her children to our church, even when she couldn't go. WOW! Its been a while since I have had someone listen so intently and you could tell that her heart and soul were hungering for the truth that we were giving her! 

I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing these people are! I know that there are amazing people everywhere, but WOW! I am just blown away by the Job like experiences some of the people we have met with this week have gone through. It just blows my mind and really goes to show me that there is always someone out there who has it worse then you and that there are SOOOO many things to be grateful for! 

My companion is incredible. I just can't even fully explain it. Its crazy how much alike we are and how much that is teaching me. I love her with all my heart and am so grateful that i have this opportunity to serve with her. She just astounds me everyday with the things she testifies of and how powerful her teaching is. She definitely follows the Spirit and really loves this work! I am so blessed to get to serve with the wonderful Sister Boucher!  

We had Zone Conference this week and it was phenomenal. I love Zone conference and I cannot believe that was my last one! AHHHH! Time is going by way way fast, but I love it! Life is exciting and change is inevitable, so i am embracing it! :-) A lot of what was talked about was Christ-like attributes and developing those. Sister Craig asked us "if our words, actions, and countenance showed everyone that we were a follower of Jesus CHrist??" I would pose that to each of you. Do your words, actions, and very countenance display to the world and show forth and example to all those around you that you are a follower of Jesus Christ?? Can people feel that and know that about you, without a doubt?? 

I have a testimony and know that my Savior lives. He has been my strength and my song this week. He has helped me through my inner battles and even helped me through some physical struggles this week. It is incredible how much strength I gain from my Savior and His love that I feel so abundantly in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it indeed testifies of JEsus Christ. I feel of His love as I read and I find answers to countless question, some questions that I didn't even know that I had. I know that the Lord wants to bless us with knowledge and success far beyond what we can even comprehend. I know that more and more blessings flow into our lives the more we are obedient. Obedience is key, it is the first law of Heaven and as we follow this law, we will find great joy and satisfaction in life and in the eternal world to come! I know that we can all develop and become who God intends for us to become as we let go of what we want and let God take us and transform us and he will. We did not come here to be a quaint little cottage in the country, He wants to build us to be a mansion. He wants us to do bigger and better things everyday. He wants us to find joy and allow that joy to permeate into the lives of all those around us as we share our light! I know that families can be together forever. I am so grateful for the temple and wonderful ordinances that are performed there by the Priesthood that has been restored. I am so grateful for the Priesthood and its power and influence in my life! I am especially grateful for WORTHY Priesthood holders in my life, this week I was in a need of a blessing and it was amazing to be able to call on some elders to give me the healing, comforting, and counseling blessing that I received from them, but really it was all from the Lord. They were the worthy vessels that allowed me to feel of the Lord strength and power through them! I know that the Gospel has been restored. I know it and I will NEVER deny it! I know that the Holy Ghost is one of the greatest gifts God has given man and we should all seek to have His Spirit with us more abundantly each day! I am so grateful for all that I have, all that I know, and all that I am becoming through my Savior, Jesus Christ. I FOLLOW HIM, and I hope it can ALWAYS be written on my countenance, heard in my words, and seen in my actions that I am a follower of Him! I say all these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Redeemer. Amen! 

Have a wonderful week Ya'll

Love 
Sister Heckel 


No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...