Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Larissa - First week of Training. LOVE HNA. HULL

Hello everyone:)
How are things in Utah or wherever yall are? cause things are fantastic over here in Blazing hott texas. 
Well my trainy is named Hna.Hull. She is amazing. she definitely came pretrained. She speaks spanish so well and understands so well. I definitely got blessed on this end because she truly is amazing. She reminds me so much of my Amiga KZ.... like alot. super weird but cool at the same time:)
So as we train we have an extra hour of study time to the day..... which is really hard cause we both want to get out and teach and talk to people but we make it really fun so we can make it through. haha we like what we are learning too.... I am definitely learning alot from 12 week as well. Its good to have a refresure and learn new ways to teach and be a better missionary. So I feel like Heavenly Father is just blessing us left and right.
Oh the last day that hna. Scott was in this area we found another HUGE cockroach in our apartment and she freaked.... we have no idea where they come from but somehow they get in and freak the daylights out of us. but we have cockroach spray so it was easier to get then the other one with Hna. Bonhard.
I am so happy to be able to be in this area for another transfer! I will have been in this area for 4 transfers now:) I love it so much and we are just recieving so many blessings. We are working hard on finding more people to teach which is an awesome oportunity for hna. Hull to just be out and talking to everyone we see and sharing the gospel. Also on her first day we were talking with this women and she invited us in to taste her soap.... Menudo.... and or those of you who knows what that is no we didnt know what it was when she was telling us... and yes it was very painful to eat. for those of you who dont know what that is it is Cow stomach.... she also added in some cow foot. It was the hardest meal I have ever had to eat. So nasty... but I ate it. well at least the part I could cover with rice and swallow whole. but the foot... I just couldn't do it. but the lady Lorena who fed us had no problem with taking out of my bowl and eating it. haha I love her, we are actually teaching her right now and she is so funny.  But I will definitely have to dodge Menudo from now on. I will get full really fast once someone says that. haha It was the best cause that was the first meal that hna. Hull ate on the mission:P haha
We were able to talk to alot of great people this week and we are so excited to see what God has in store for this area. We are teaching a family right now and they are all so adorable I love them. We will be seeing them again and Friday.
Hna. Hull loves riding bikes and is learning the area super fast which is super awesome I am so excited to see all that she can contribute to this area and all the miracles we will see through her faith. She has such a strong testimony and is so intune with the spirit and so I really dont feel like she just got here. We work very well together and our lessons just flow. I really have been so blessed I cant even express how grateful I am for this wonderful blessing.
I figured out this week I only have 8 months left............ where the heck did the time go. Time is like the biggest enemy on my mission I just want it to stop. but like all things in life, we just got to do our best and not waist a moment. Still super weird. I dont feel like I have been out that long. Hopefully it will slow down for the last couple months:)
After these next two transfers I will be one of the oldest missionaries in the mission.... super weird. half the people that where here when I came in are gone and home. all these new faces are crazy and excited. We have had and have so many great missionaries.
I love this gospel so much. I cant even explain but my testimony just grows stronger and stronger every day. especially on those hard days I think is when I can really feel it grow. I really love how much our heavenly Father loves us and shows his love for us everyday.
This week I have seen so many miracles through prayer. I can testify that God does answer prayers. especially when we are open to his answers. He may not answer in the way that we want but he will answer and he will show his love for us but we need to be open to those other answers that he will give us. for me personally and with others I have talked to God shows himself diferently to all of us, we may need to pray to recognize those answers as well.
I love my Heavenly Father and I am so glad I get to share the message of this Restored Gospel and my Savior Jesus Crist. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Remember:
Read your scriptures,
Pray,
and you have an appointment with God every Sunday... don't miss it (church).
Love you all:)
Hermana Heckel
P.s. First year away from Swiss Days.... WEIRD!! I hope you all enjoyed every minute of it.
Oh and i showed Hna.Hull the frozen banana Drizzled with melted peanut butter and chocolate sauce.... yes she is addicted:) I am totally okay with that.






No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...