Monday, September 15, 2014

Larissa - It Got Cold!!

This week was such a blessing. I really could not be more greatful and recognize Gods hand in the work that we did this week. through he we accomplished everything.
First, It was cold this weekend, It was amazing. We were going to be biking basically all over texas for appointments so it was a huge blessing that it was not blazing hott. We had so many appointments and miracles this week it was amazing:)
We had exchanges and hna. Hull went to an English area for a day and Hna. Green our sister training leader came here with me. I loved it, she is a wonderful sister and I learned so much from her. She was a spanish speaking sister so she was able to speak to all our investigators which was nice:) We saw so many miracles and passed by so many people.
This week I gave a training on Faith in Jesus Christ and anyone who wants to strengthen their testimony in this gospel should do a little study on this. He literally is the center of everything we teach as missionaries and of the church. I love studying faith in Jesus Christ and I was very grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony with the other missionaries in our district.
Hna. Hull is doing amazing. I am literally blown away at how naturally and how smoothly she adapted to missionary life and speaking spanish and doing the work. I seriously was so blessed. She came pre-trained! She has been doing really great at leading lessons and now we established a pattern of teaching that is awesome and works really well for us. She is super outgoing which is super awesome for this area and we have been doing super well at talking to everyone and teaching when we find. It has been a blast and such a testimony builder. today even. We were waiting to leave walmart and we were just standing there and started talking to a man who turned out to be a member visiting and was looking for a chapel, he also spoke spanish! and he had two referals for the missionaries. Not in our area as far as we know but its all gods work:) and we were able to have great conversation with him and weirdly enough I felt the spirit super strong in Walmart.... Weird but super cool.
Lately us missionaries have been hearing about some worldly problems that are going on and things that have happened. I dont need to go in detail about what but me and hna. Hull had a talk and I know that these are the last days. We need to prepare now and not wait. We need to do all we can so that we have the promise of the guidance from our Heavenly Father and his power with us. With him we need not fear.
Anyways on a happier note! this week was a party weekend. We had Fiestas Patrias. which is like Mexico independence or soemthing to that effect. but we had a ward party and everyone brought a different plate of food from their country.... haha but wait Psych! Hna. Hull and I decided that we should go visit some people and found 3 new investigators... still a little sad we missed out on the food and activities but its okay it was worth it:) Because. The next night it was the cumpleanos de un hermana. Let me tell you any party in the spanish culture is a big deal. it was at the church and you would have thought it was a wedding! it was awesome. There was a huge dance as well and we happened to be there (course we didnt dance... but was very tempting and ended up leaving because it looked like way to much fun) but let me tell you. These parties are so much fun Our stake president was there as well and was dancing like no tomorrow. I love it. They really know how to have fun. I love these people and I love this culture! its amazing:)
So blessings, sacrafices, amazing weather, and miracles! dont have to much time left but I just want you all to know I love you and Hope you are all doing well and saying your prayers and reading your scriptures! 

Love, Hermana Heckel.


No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...