Monday, September 29, 2014

Larissa - We got lost in the Jungle

Hello everyone:) hope yall had a fantastic week cause WE DID!!!!
so where to start. so on P-day it was Hna. Jaegers last p-day. She extended and she would be leaving the following Wednesday so we decided to go to the zoo. haha the animals were actually awake this time amazingly! so it was pretty fun being with out district. haha and right as we were about to leave it started a down poor of rain so we were stuck in the gift shop for a while and lets just say we had lots of fun:) haha we were able to talk to a couple of the workers that were there and suprized the crap out of them when we started speaking in spanish. then they were so amazed that they would only speak to us in spanish, haha we thought it was so funny. "all you white girls can speak spanish.... and good spanish too!" it was awesome.
Another miracle that happened this week was I didnt get hit by a car. Texas drivers are usually crazy so we are SUPER careful and I was coming to go past an exit from a store. The car was coming slowly and I had come to the cross section first so I just figured he was going slow cause he was being cautions. but nope I realized he was not even paying attention to anything going on the right side of his vehicle and swerved out of the way. I didnt stop to see his reaction I just kept going. said a quick prayer of thanks and we kept going on. Next thing he is pulling up next to me and told me that he was very very sorry. I told him it was okay and he went on his way. After that the weirdest thing happened. I was overcome with the spirit and such gratitude for his apology that I started to tear up. I am not sure why that hit me so hard or meant so much. it was a short apology but very sincere. I was then filled with this immense joy and happiness. It was so strange but a great experience at the same time.
So now some crazy Hna. Heckel and Hull moments.
-we locked out keys in the gym.... at 7 a.m. we had no way of getting back in the gym or getting into our apartment and that day we decided to leave the phone in there as well..... the apartment office does not open till 9 and we have a meeting that we needed to be to at 10..... So we run around asking everyone if they have a key... Pretty sure we are one of the only people with a key to the gym. Finally we decided to say a prayer and go back to the gym and lo and behold someone is in there. and lo and behold number 2 it was a potential investigator that moved into our complex:) oh the love or our heavenly father.
-We decided to go eat at a place call "Michuacana" super good mexican food:) Well we went in there and let me tell you I have never seen so many judgemental eyes! which for missionaries is not necessarily a bad thing. haha and once we started speaking in spanish they were stunned. All these men who stopped for lunch as well were talking about us in spanish so we decided to talk to them as well:) hehe shocked them!! We also made a friend that works there who we are going to invite to a young single adult activity this next week:) 
-so while we were bike riding we went over this huge curb... and me being me I dont feel like I ever need to get off my bike i can just pop the curb. Well it was huge and my bag went flying. didnt think I lost anything so we kept going. Well two lessons later as we go to get the phone to change a phone number.... I realize its gone. my mind immediately flashed back to that curb and we book it back there and it was no where to be found. hna. hull suggested some other places to go check. so we prayed and I had the strongest impression to go look at the office of the complex and what do ya know there it was. The office lady was a little hesitant to give it to us because the phone was in spanish:P hehe so we just started speaking to her  in spanish and described the phone then she gave it to us. 
-Then the most exciting experience. We were on our way to a members home and we were next to the Sam Houston toll way. suddenly the sidewalk turns into a kind of trail.... we thought sweet thats super nice and then about 5 minutes later we are in a forest.... super confused. We asked a couple people how long it would take to get out of there and everyone said oh about 1 mile.... okay so we kept going assuming we would get close to our destination. 2 miles later we asked someone else. same thing 1 more mile. 4 miles same thing.... eventually we figured that absolutely no one new what  they were talking about. haha eventually we found a way out. haha and realized that the trail we found was a super intense nature bike trail... I wonder what people thought when they saw us in our skirts:P haha super funny.
-I have never laughed so much in my entire mission as I have with Hna. Hull! she is the best!
I hope that yall enjoyed General conference womens session. If they didnt say it any clearer! Prepare for the temple!!! It is amazing the covenants you will make there can and will change your life. I want to give a shout out to Diann Bergner who had all of us memorize the living Christ in young womens a couple years ago.... kinda forgot alot of it but I am working on memorizing it again: ) We have some amazing leaders and they love us so much. We need to make sure we heed there councel. After the conference was over, one of the 11 year old girls came up to me gave me a huge hug and said "I am going to the temple!!" I was so full of the spirit, she continued to tell me her plan to prepare to go when she is twelve. I love conference and I am so excited to recieve the counsel we need next week.
THIS WEEKEND!!! The movie meet the mormons is coming out! If you dont know about it look it up on LDS.org. I encourage ALL!!! almost UGRE!! all you to go see it this weekend. If you can bring someone who is not a member with you. but go and see it ASAP!! Family movie night! It is going to be a great film and I encourage all to tell those who dont know about it to go see it this weekend as well as it comes out in theaters!
My other invitation this week is to invite someone to watch General Conference with you!! This is a great opportunity to hear the prophet of the Lord and we should share it with everyone.
Transfers are next week..... WHERE DID THIS TRANSFER GO??????
This week has been full of random spiritual moments, random life stories from random strangers and so many wonderful miracles from our Heavenly Father. I love this work and I love this Gospel.
Love you all,
Hermana Heckel




No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...