Monday, November 10, 2014

Larissa - BLESSED BEYOND ALL REASON

Hola:)

This week was a AMAZING week. Really I can't even explain. Well I can so here I go:)
First off I had exchanges to the Houston 8 ward with Hna. Call and It was great. We got caught in a down pour as we road our bikes.... there was no where to ride for cover for about a mile.. and we were about 5 or 6 miles away from our car...... so that was fun:) no really I was dying laughing the whole time. We then got fed the greasiest chick in the entire world.... haha life in a Spanish speaking mission! Love it. I actually had my favorite food Pasole 3 times this week. but it was three different kinds:) Kinda happy about that one. 

Second. We went to the temple as a mission again and after the session we had a training in the temple:) better then the first time. We were able to go with elders and so it was good to hear there opinions and comments instead of just all sisters. I know that the temple is the house of God. It was an amazing experience. We also were taught by the temple president President Crane and his wife. It was spectacular. I love the temple so much! I also cant wait to take my recent converts to the temple for baptisms for the dead:) 

THIRD!! Well as I said last week. Manuel accepted the invitation to be baptized this last weekend and everything went amazing. God definitely prepared this family for the gospel! He was also baptized by Manuel his son. It was so special. haha while Manuel papa was in his interview for his baptism Manuel hijo was in his for the priesthood. He received it the third hour of church and baptized his dad that day. What a special moment. I was able to sit next to Emilia during the Ordinance and it was amazing just watching her and seeing how the spirit has touched her life and changed her. She was so overjoyed that now her family was united.
FOURTH!!!!!! So after the baptism we had a Devotional for recent converts and investigators. The Elders in our district were in charge. They asked Emilia and Manuel hijo so bare their testimonies. After the baptism they were a little scared and didn't want to and didn't feel like we could share anything with the people there. I said a prayer because I knew they had something to share that would touch someone there. So after some gentle persuasion they said yes. They both Bore PERFECT testimonies. It was amazing. There conversions are so strong and they didn't seem nervous at all. not ganna lie I was worried it was going to be a "travel Log" but it was perfect. Both of them testified that they new the church was true. I have never been so happy! it was amazing they really brought me to tears. I love them both so much and I am so happy that Manuel papa decided to be baptized and in one year they can be sealed together as a family! it was literally amazing. 

Oh BEST DAY EVER!! I was talking to Emilia (who is full on Mexican doesn't speak any English) and she told me that I looked like I was from Monterrey and  spoke like her too:D What the happy! I loved it! I was literally overjoyed that my Spanish was actually that good! yay:) and apparently there is a part of mexico where I will fit in perfectly! 

Such a great week! literally couldn't have asked for anything better:) So blessed! 

Con muchisimo amor!! Gracias por todo! 
La Hermana Heckel! 

P.S. With possible transfers this week please send any letters to: 

602 Eldridge Rd. Sugar Land, Tx. 77478
1. Which ones real????:D
2. Serious Mexican photo! 
3.me and my comp at the temple
4. My wonderful Zone





No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...