Monday, January 12, 2015

Larissa - Starting new....again!!

Dear Friends and Family,
So this week was crazy and so busy! and the next week is just going to be even more crazy. We have had a lot going on with investigators in a little city  called Rosharon. We were over there basically every day because that is where our progressing investigators are. We have been so blessed to find so many great people and get to know so many wonderful people out there.
We had an early stake conference meeting. With all three of the stakes in one part of our mission. Our mission is super unique in that fact we had a Spanish stake. Which means that all the Spanish wards in a certain area were in the Spanish stake (or an overlay stake, which means it overlapped other stakes) . Which had all Spanish speaking Leaders and Conferences were all in Spanish. Super cool. Well the area seventy decided that it was time to dissolve the Spanish stake and make it into 4 bilingual stakes. We had the announcement at this conference. President had talk to us about it and I had known about it for a while but nothing in detail or how it would affect the area I am in now. as they made the announcement I couldn't help but tear up. It was very hard for me to see the stake go away but I had receive countless confirmations that it was right. but it was still difficult. When we saw how it effected our area, we couldn't hold back the tears. We lost all of our investigators and basically all of our members besides 3 families. Hna. Anderson and I were heart broken, it hurt to know that we wouldn't be able to pass by them anymore and visit our investigators. Hna. Anderson afterwards when we were having a little sob fest turn to me and said "is this like getting transferred?" yes I said. just like getting transferred. We are starting our area all over again. We are about to get really creative with our finding with the low number of members in our area, but we know that with the Lords help we can accomplish the thing that he has sent us here to do. We will find and we will teach if we follow what he has asked us to do.
This week we also got to go up to the mission office and do a couple of hours of service because the one time I drop the phone I drop it perfectly so it killed the whole phone...... haha our apartment manager who is also over the phones Elder Nilson really gave me some props for that one.
I have been studying Humility this month..... I am being significantly humbled in all aspects this month. haha  I don't think I will study it for a while after this:)
Well that is the big news for this week.
Besides going to Nasa today:) I LOVED IT SO MUCH!! It was so much fun. We have some intelligent people in this world. It was interesting how many times I felt the spirit while we were in there. I am blown away by the blessings that God gives us, and the faith of others. I love it:)
I hope you all have a wonderful week. We got our hands full this week, like always:)

Love you all
Hermana Heckel



1. I love NASA
2.I touched the Moon:)
3.My cute Comp:)
4. Just take me with you!!!








No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...