Monday, January 26, 2015

Larissa - Woo the Power of Prayer

Dear all you lovely people:)

I hope you all had a wonderful week and saw so many blessings and miracles from the hand of our Heavenly Father. This week I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love more then I have in a long time. He has really been carrying me this week. I know I am nothing without my Heavenly Father and my savior Jesus Christ.
This week was definitely a trial of our faith, diligence and obedience. But we passed. We have been looking for people to teach still and it has been a little discouraging at times. In Houston at least there was people everyone but in a small town like Alvin. Its a little bit more difficult to find people to teach. We don't have very many members in our area. So what do you do when you have no plans, no one to teach and 3 hours on the lords errand. You hit the bikes and get creative. Thankfully I have a wonderful companion who is willing to do whatever we need to do. Sometimes she keeps me sane.  
This week we were able to talk to so many people in Alvin. Mostly English people but it's all Gods work. We all speak missionary so it does not matter what language we speak preach in. We had a couple heart renching moments as we taught two people who wanted to come to church and accept the gospel but was help back by someone in their lives. We actually had a women drive down the street after a lesson and gave us the book of Mormon we had just given her husband and.... basically told us not to come back and she didn't believe in the book of Mormon. We wanted to tell her more about it but she would not hear us out. handed us the book of Mormon and drove away. It hurt to know that we could not share more with him. He loved our message and was so excited for us to come back. I know one day he will have the opportunity to accept the gospel, but it was still hard to see. 

This week we had SO MUCH RAIN!!!! literally Texas is not waterproof!! it floods and floods bad here. One of our investigators houses was flooded up to her knees. It was literally crazy! I could not believe how bad it was! It was pretty hilarious because we ended up having to walk to the investigators home because were were scared it would kill the car. Then we were on our way to an appointment with a member and the water was like a river crossing the road and we didnt know how deep it was cause it was dark. so of course we prayed to see if it was safe to cross and felt good about it and crossed and the car was completely fine. Literally so crazy! and there are these two dogs who I know they don't want to eat us and they just want to play but they love to jump on us with there muddy paws and they are HUGE dogs!! probly about my size so I really don't like them because they push me over and get me all muddy and we are already walking through the amazon swamps so having two dogs as a second obstacle.... not my favorite. Plus they jump up on our car and get it all muddy and scratched. it looks like two little kids came with there hands and rubbed mud all over the car.... let me tell ya my OCD for wanting the car clean really kills me in this area. Its okay, sacrifice!  

I can't believe we are on week 5 of the transfer. time is flying by. crazy how time flys when your on the lords errend. Oh I found my favorite new church video "on the Lords Errend" Its a documentary about President Monson and it is my favorite!! everyone should check it out. He is such an example to me and I love him so much. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful prophet on the earth today! 

Well that is about all. I love my amazing companion Hna. Anderson. We seriously laugh so hard and that is what gets me through some of the days out here. She is so amazing and I am so blessed she came pre-trained! 

Thanks for all your love and support! 
Hermana Heckel

1. 100 Days from Sunday, my comp never lets me forget! 
2. Sharing with anyone we can find
3.Flood!!
4. Demon dogs
5. They attack us everytime we come....even when we aren't in the car.
6. Haha Dont Mess :)
7. Last week on the fairy in Galveston! 


i













No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...