Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Larissa - Changes, meetings, goodbyes, and SUN!!!! :-)

Dear family and friends.


This week was an especially strange week. it is weird to lose the members in your ward without getting transferred. and your investigators for that matter. But it has been good and we are excited to have the opportunity to work in this area and try and build up our ward again. I mean Why not white wash the area twice:) God is all about second chances??:P We are excited cause now we are able to ride our bikes more and talk to a lot more people. The weather has also been AMAZING!!! so we have been out quite a bit! 

Oh I was able to accomplish my goal of turning our area into a mostly bike area:) it is wonderful!! I love it so much! I forgot how much i missed being on a bike and being able to talk to people randomly. It has been so fun and we have received so many blessings. 

We had a leadership meeting this week with the District, Zone, and sister training Leaders. It was awesome I love president Ashton. We learned a lot of things that we are going to try and implement this week with the zone and the Districts to help us progress. We are focusing a lot on the missionaries as individuals and trying to build us so we can do the work and I love it. I have already changed so much. I love this work:)

Saying goodbye to our old members was really hard but at the same time a real testimony builder. we were able to see some who just accepted it and others that didn't. It made me really think about the real reason we got to church. Not to socialize but to worship God and Jesus Christ. To remember our savior and partake of the sacrament. To be Edified. When we have that knowledge these type of things do not phase us. yes it is sad. but it is what God wants and we need to follow his guidence and dirreccion.  

Today we went to Galveston Island with the District. So much fun. A little foggy at first but we had a great time and the weather was great after that. We went out to eat and there were members that paid for us basically at every restaurant. They are all over down there. It was very cool. 

Well not to terribly much to share but we are doing wonderfully. I love being here. Everyone is going home now and it is so weird. I don't like to think about it. But the plane joke keeps coming up with my entire district because I am "the oldest" So strange. but its okay. This area has alot of work to do so i rarely have time to freak out over time;) 

I want yall to know I love you so much and I pray you all have a wonderful week and share the gospel at every opportunity and live it up and speak spanish:P

:) les quiero mucho mucho mucho!! 
con amor,
la Hermana Heckel! 


Pictures: Fun in Galveston





No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...