Monday, December 29, 2014

Larissa- Wonderful week of Miracles!

Hola todos de mis amorosos amigos y familia,
I hope you all had a wonderful week of Christmas:) I know we had a wonderful week of feeling the spirit and  remembering Christ.
This week we had our mission Christmas conference. The one time a year that our Entire mission gets together. It was so much fun. That was my first Mission meeting that happened when I got out into the field. It was funny to think back on how I didn't know any of the missionaries. I didn't know Spanish, and I was scared out of my mind and nervous. The only missionaries I know were the Sister's I was in the CCM with. It was cool to see how many friendships I have created on the mission, How different I have become and changed (SOOOO Many ways), and I can now speak Spanish (kinda:P). It was so much fun to see my old Houton 1 zone and my old companion:) All of my other companions are home now (weird) but it was good to see Hna. Hull:) We had some wonderful trainings by President Ashton and sister Ashton. As well as the Patriarch over the Houston area came and talked to us about the Abrahamic covenant.... still need to study more on that to understand it but it was amazing. The spirit was so strong and powerful. We also made some goals as a mission for the coming months and had the opportunity to pray as a mission. What a cool opportunity to feel of so much faith in one place. We have some amazing missionaries in our mission.
Thank you for all the gifts that I received from family and friends:) We indeed had a wonderful Christmas. It was good to talk to my wonderful family. I am literally amazing at how much everyone has grown. Blew my mind. haha They are all so awesome:) Love you all so much.
This week was an amazing week of Christmas miracles. We found out that one of our investigators husbands wants to be baptized and start taking the lessons. We were not really sure when he would decided to start taking the lessons and have been praying for him everyday, we knew it was the hope of this family to get there dad involved and it is truly a HUGE miracle. We were in tears when his Wife told us. We are so excited and grateful that the spirit has touched him so much.
We also had an investigator that we have not been able to get ahold of come to church this sunday;) MIRACLE. we were so excited because he told us that he leaves every Saturday until Monday for Houston and we were so excited that he finally made it to church and I am sure we will see him around:)
This was a wonderful week of sharing the Christ+mas spirit and talking with everyone we met. It was so amazing to hear other peoples testimony of our savior. I love being a missionary and especially getting two Christmases on my mission:) what more could you ask for. I love this work!
Thanks again for all the Love and testimonies I received this Christmas Season. Special thanks to my Midway 2nd ward family:) I loved all the Christmas decorations. They were wonderful.
Con much amor,
Hermana Heckel.
P.S. Got transfer calls this morning and our entire district is staying for another transfer:) Woohoo:) Love it! Can't wait to see some miracles this next transfer.
1. Four of us together again:)
2. I love them:) Hnas Groves, and Hull
3. Our district at Bishops house for Christmas Breakfast. (Elders. Lowder (DL) Fails, McKinley, and Rockhill)
4.Las Hermanas:) (Yo, Hnas. Anderson, Naomi Hironymous,  y Hnas. Taylor y Wood)



No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...