Monday, January 27, 2014

Jenessa Week 15- Homesick....what??!

Well...this week was amazing and amazingly hard. For the first time EVER since I have been out (for 3.5 month) I got a bit homesick! What is up with that?? Homesick, me? Thats not possible. It was on tuesday, and I just didn't want to do anything. It is not so much that I wanted to be home because i felt like I was missing out on something or whatever, but I just didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to curl up in my bed and go back to sleep, read a book, and just do nothing....so I wanted to be home....cause you certainly can't do that here. I was little too focused on myself and not quite sure how I got to that mind set....but it was NO FUN!! I hate thinking about myself, it just gets you all depressed....focusing on others is the way to go. So basically this went on for about a day and a half, when I finally kicked myself in the butt and just stopped thinking about myself and just went to work, although it wasn't with the same spirit as I have done the work previously, which made the work seem even more difficult. DUMB! The next morning during my personal studies I was "rebuked" by the Lord and then helped! I was studying for my investigators and lessons we were going to have that day, then somehow I had like 5-10 minutes left of studying. That NEVER happens. I am always wanting to go over studies. I felt like I should study for a few minutes out of the Doctrine and Covenants, so I opened up to Chapter 30, which is where I was in my reading, and it was perfect and EXACTLY what I needed. God is so good!! 

In verse 1-2 I felt like it said this "Behold I say unto you, [Sister Heckel], that you have feared men and have not relied on me for strength as you ought [and have in the past]. But your mind has been on the things of the earth more than on the things of me, your Maker, and the ministry whereunto you have been called; and you have not given heed unto my Spirit."
Yeah....basically a little kick in the butt, but i needed it. I've been daydreaming a bit too much about the future and becoming a little focused on the world and it has taken me further from the Spirit then I wanted to be and then made me homesick! 
Then the Lord lovingly gave me some direction afterwards. He helped me to see what I needed to be doing and be as a missionary.

1. A missionary who "gives heed unto the Spirit." 
2. A missionary who "opens her mouth to declare the gospel." 
3. A missionary who "doesnt fear men."
4. A missionary who is continually "lifting up [her] heart unto [the Father] in prayer and faith! 

It was perfect. I have been focusing on those things since and I feel amazing and rejuvenated by the Spirit of the Lord to go out and do this work like I have been!!! 

The area is progressing slowly. Our teaching pool has shrunk, once again, but we are teaching another family. A couple and their 15 year old son. We taught a very powerful Restoration Lesson and they all committed to be baptized in February! I love it! They are so excited! They all wanted different chapters in the Book of Mormon so they could read and then discuss/teach each other! I am so excited to be going back to teach them this week! 

I have been seeing a Chiropractor and my migraines (if you even new I was having them) are gone!!! YAY!! 

I love my mission! :-) 

Oh guess what....we get I-pads in a week and half! CRAZY! I will have to let you know how that goes when we get them. Its going to be so great to be able to use all the resources that come with the LDS library and such! I love it! :-) I also get the opportunity to go to the Orlando temple soon!! I am so excited! They just started this.....we get to go to the temple at our half way mark and then just before we go home! I am so happy....it is my half way point basically! Cause I am set to go home October 29th of this year....that is way wierd...so i have exactly 9 months from this wednesday! WOW! Time sure does fly! 

Love you all! 

You should write me slackers! 

Sister Heckel :-) 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...