Monday, October 6, 2014

Larissa - 7 Months to go.... AHHHH

Dear People I LOVE!!!!

I seriously can not believe how fast time goes by out here. I am almost at my Year mark, and everyone that I came in with are going home. I will be one of the oldest pretty soon which is super scary. Today was transfer calls and I am staying with mi hija (my trainee)
She is the greatest and we are so excited for this next transfer together!
This week was packed full of miracles. Where to start? well we had a HUGE miracle this last week. We have an investigator and his parents (Manuel y Emilia and Manuel) Yes they have the same name... happens all the time. but anyways they are from mexico and had a problem with their visas and ended up having to go back to Mexico. Well they didnt know if they would be back for general conference so we had an appointment with the Familia Avalos (who they were living with) and knocked on the door and lo and behold Manuel pops out of no where!! WE WERE SO HAPPY. They said they had no troubles coming back and they are planning on staying for a while! YaY:) All three and the familia Avalos came to conference and LOVED it. The spirit was so strong and so amazing! they didn't get to see all the sessions but we will change that these coming weeks. I can not wait to read through them again. Share with me things you learned and things that stood out to you! I want to hear all the cool things that Heavenly Father revelaed to all yall. Also some things you will change and goals you will make to change them. I know I have my long list. I definitely need to pick it up!!
This week was also find what we thought would be a new investigator but turned into a less active member. Irving was baptized in Vegas. He learned spanish after learning english so we talk to him mostly in English.... super WEIRD!! but its all good. He is super funny and really wants to come back to church. he was really attatched to the missionaries in Vegas so when they left he started going a inactive. But he is ready to come back. We had a prayer with him and it had been a while since he had felt the spirit that strong and we get done and he kept his eyes closed and said "Do you feel that? tell me you feel that! I feel like Jesus is right next to me." pretty sweet! he loves to feel the spirit and cant wait to come to church and meet with us again.

CONFERENCE WAS THE BOMB!!!!! I love general conference so much. We have some amazing leaders. I loved all the stories and expiriences shared. Also thought it was super awesome that a couple speakers spoke in spanish! We had a couple members go for their first time and I know that it was a real treat that they did not have to listen to translation for those couple talks. We listened to half in spanish and half in english. We could understand it all pretty well but sometimes we would get lost so we decided it would be best in English. the spirit was so strong. We watched it in our capilla with the other members that dont have byu tv. or internet. That is a super new thing for me because I have always watched it at home. The spirit in that Chapel was so strong. Its crazy! I love watching it at church.
haha this week we have been focusing alot of exact obedience and of course satan decided he was going to make it super hard on us. So we were coming home from a lesson and we left with time to spare to make it home and we got a ride form that member. as we were driving we were about 3 blocks (texas blocks) away from our apartment when we see this women who was in the middle of the road having car trouble. So being the awesome member/investigators we were with they wanted to help. the women happened to speak spanish as well. So we started helping her. looked at the clock and we had 10 minutes to get home and they werent done helping her. so we told them to stay and help her and we would walk the rest of the way. haha Walk I mean Olympic sprint to our apartment. I wonder what people thought about these two girls in skirts with side bags running like the wind in the middle of the night.... haha but we made it home on time with 3 minutes to spare!! haha Heavenly Father loves us. and our member and investigator were able to help out that women. So it all worked out. and so did we:P
Well this week has been so funny. I love my comp so much and I want to share with you one way that she receives revelation and our comp unity is awesome. so we were in a lesson with Hna. Perez and Juan and I was saying the closing prayer and I was saying a couple specific things that Hna. Perez needed and Hna. Hull suddenly had this thought that came in the form of a common song I am sure you all know "Dont youuuu forget about..... JUAN" right after she had that thought I started to pray for Juan:) so awesome. I love her song revelation. And I a so happy I get to be with her for another transfer:) I got Lucky!
Well from the pictures you will see that we had a super fun week:) and an excited GIANT cockroach again!! this is roach number 3!! haha and counting.
Well i hope you all have a fantastic week. Make sure to read all of you notes from conference and if you can listen to the talks over again:) you can only recieve more direction and revelation:)
I love this church so much! it really has changed so many aspects of myself and who I want to be. I can finally become who I know I can be through God. I want to bare special testimony of the commandments and guidelines we have in this church. I can testify that ALL of them come from God. He loves us and he wants to protect us. I know that if we keep his commandments, All of them, not just the ones that are easy, or the ones we think we can do all of them we will be blessed. " I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which he hath commanded them." The Lord will make a way, he will provide. How amazing it is that we have the opportunity everyday to repent and do better. Repentence has been one the most amazing gifts that I have recieved form my Heavenly Father through my Savior. I invite you all to always excersize the blessings of the atonement and try always to do better tomorrow. God will bless you.

I love you all and Hope you have a wonderful week. :)
con amor,
La Hermana Heckel





No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...