Monday, October 27, 2014

Larissa - My bike NEVER gives up the fight

Hello:)
This week was great. We had a lot of fun with our recent converts this week and helping them strengthen their faith and get involved alot in the church. THEY LOVED IT.
We spent a lot of time at the Avalos home because we told Oliver we would help him with his project that he had for school. His parents barely understand and speak English so they really can't help him at all with his homework. So that is where we come in. This project turned out to be a big deal. The homework these kids get its crazy. But non the less three days later we were able to help him finish it. It was great because we are also teaching Manuel (dad) the esposa de Emilia and the Padre de Manuel. We were able to get to know him alot more and really see his needs and what he feels about the church..... HE KNOWS IT TRUE:) We are so excited. He needs a little bit more help before baptism but we are going to help him every step of the way. Emilia is especially excited to be united in their faith. We walked into the house one of those days and started talking to Emilia about when she goes back to Mexico. She gladly told us that they already found a church in Mexico.... and Its one block away from there house!! I totally don't believe in coincidences anymore so MIRACLE!!! We love them so much and they are so amazing. I really can't express how much I love them.
This week we had a lot of fun working with the members. I really Love this ward so much. They all have such strong testimonies and amazing stories. More then half our ward is Recent converts of about 5 years. So they are all still pretty new to the gospel but you would never know. They are all so strong and so dedicated to the gospel.They are such amazing examples to me.
I have learned so many new things this week and so many things impressed upon my mind. Our studies this week for some reason has just ROCKED! we learned something new and received so much revelation. Heavenly Father definitely was showing us how much he loved us. We are preparing to go to the temple as a mission again. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go as a mission again. It is an experience of a lifetime and I get to have it twice. The last time was amazing and it can only get better. I definitely have lots more questions and we will see if these are questions that will be answered in the temple or the life after this. haha gotta love those kind of questions.
Hna. Hull is amazing. We definitely knew each other in the pre-existance. haha no joke really though the spirit already told us. I have never laughed so hard while riding my bike..... almost fell over a couple times cause we just die. If there was an outside view of our companionship they were either die laughing or think we were crazy. We are so alike in so many ways but so different at the same time that it just works. Really though! I am so happy to have met her and I know we will be best friends forever. I love the companions that God has blessed me with because really they will be my friends forever.
Ma sista finishes her mission this week. WHAT!! that means I only have 6 months left WHAT!!! so crazy how fast this time is really flying and with the Holidays coming up it can only get faster. We are super excited for Halloween. We don't get to dress up or anything and we cant be out that day because I guess in places outside of Utah... People dress up like missionaries for Halloween.... So weird.but we have an appointment with a couple members so we are going to go be with them for Halloween. We also have the trunk or treat on Wednesday! not sure if the missionaries are doing a car but we will see! I love Halloween... but its okay I have plenty of Halloweens when I get back:) You are only a missionary for 18 months:)

Well I hope you all have a safe Halloween and a wonderful rest of the week. watch out for the candy coma. Alot of the candy we will get have chilli so I don't think the candy coma will be a problem here:) Woohoo.

I love being a missionary!! I couldn't be more blessed!

With Love,
Hermana Heckel
P.s. My bike tire EXPLODES out of no where. so we left it at a members house for two days and walk for two days. Then go back and try and fix it and it sealed itself closed and to the rim of the tire. We ended up having to call the elders and after about 2 hours they were able to get it off the rim and sadely the tred did not make it nor did the tupe. but muy bike is now working great. because the day after this fiastco I got another flat on the other tire and had to replace that one:) haha I just have great luck with my bike. haha hopefully no more problems!!! The district leader definitely gets a hoot out of my bike problems now! haha and so do I!







No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...