Monday, October 20, 2014

Travis - A whole lot of learning

Here is a little piece of Travis's letter from this week. :-) Enjoy! 




....there's a whole lot of learning still going on, and I have to find motivation to really keep working on like studying and praying and stuff. I guess I really relate to the scripture. 1 Nephi 3:7 " And I Nephi said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the lord hath commanded me, for I know the lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, Save he shall prepare a way that they may accomplish the things which he commandeth them." This scriptures basic meaning I have really understood good and didn't really care for. But I really had an eye opener as it speaks not about everyday trials we go through...but those challenging situations we face where we cannot possibly see a good results, come of it. The times when we do not have the power or the resources to achieve what we want. That's when we must armor up and charge forward, not blind, but with faith that if this be the lords will, he will provide for us, that we will come out unscathed and successful in the quest he has given us. I truly feel sometimes like I don't have the spirit and don't know what I am exactly doing. I have been put in situations I just don't understand that make me feel dumb. But I'm always brought back to remember that even though I may doubt myself, even though I feel tired and ready to just quit. When life just feels like to much, And I cannot seem to do anything right. These are the times I remember.........the feelings of wanting to believe of wanting to know. This desire alone I hinge on to Carry me for another day. I remember there's always tomorrow, a different day I can change. You know a mission shows so much, it creates a time of focus on you. Yes you are out here to serve and help others, to In a sense be just like christ for two years. But you also get to see your true self, you cannot 'fake' who you are for this long of a time. And when you finally start to be you. You see your good and bad, and you desire to change to grow. You want to become better then you originally were. I'm so glad for the chance I have out here to serve my Heavenly Father in this quest. to bring the truth to all. Haha the song paradise is playing inside this restaurant and it means so much to me. You really don't know what YA got till its gone, a big paradise...put up a parking lot. Hahaha i really do miss the old days, the days I played with friends, enjoyed the great food with family and was worry free. But I'm now excited to see what else I can do in life. I limit myself so much before, but now I live in a world limited by only what I want, by who I choose to be


Love
Elder Heckel 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...