Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Jenessa- COMING HOME :-)

Hey Ya'll-

Today has been spent packing and cleaning up,....its starting to get real. Its so crazy to me that a year has come and gone so quickly! I am grateful for it all though! Its been wonderful! 

This letter is going to be quite short, since I will see most of you in just a few days and to you who I wont see for a while...I will update you when I get home! 

I had the opportunity to go to the temple this week! It was a wonderful experience! I love the temple! 

 This ward is catching fire with missionary work and is going to explode with Sister Boucher and Sister DeSpain here leading the charge! It is so exciting! J The Waycross 1st ward is in good hands with these two sisters here! I can’t say enough about how amazing my companion Sister Boucher is. I have learned so much from her. I have never had to work to so hard to get along with someone, but have never loved someone so much in my life….all at the same time. The only way I can really describe mine and Sister Boucher’s relationship is that of Sisters (because this same kind of thing has happened with me and my sister at home)..…because we are so comfortable with each other that we share everything with one another, even those things that are most important to us and make us vulnerable by sharing it. We make each other upset at times, but then within minutes we can be over it and laughing. It has been so great! We have talked and worked and made this companionship absolutely incredible, as we have both had to set aside pride and turn our hearts to the Lord! I have loved that we have had to work at our relationship to make it become like it is, because it has made me so much better and brought me so much closer to my Savior. It has taught me a lot about myself and has sent me into some serious soul searching studies that have been life altering! I am so grateful that the Lord loved me enough to allow me to be Sister Boucher’s companion and work through hard things within our companionship, but more importantly within myself!  

I just want to share with you my facebook post from today because this is how i feel right now: 

"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.
Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny......there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings." – Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf  
This ending to this amazing 2.5 year journey, is but a glorious BEGINNING! I have loved every minute of this journey even, and maybe even especially, through the tough things...because I have come to learn that I LOVE TOUGH THINGS!! I am excited for the journey ahead and will forever be grateful for the lessons learned, the people I've met, and the experiences i have had while serving among the wonderful people in the Florida Jacksonville Mission! I am forever changed!

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your support and your love throughout my mission! I know that this gospel is true, with all my heart and soul! I know that my Savior lives and oh how He Loves us!I know that this is the greatest work that we can be engaged in at this time. I know that this church is true and it is lead by a living prophet and apostles. I know this, especially with the experiences I have been having re-reading  these past conference talks. So much revelation has come as I have been studying their words! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is my greatest companion; I will NEVER go a day without reading from it! I know that all this is true and I finish my writing here, as a full time missionary, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. AMEN! 

Love ya'll
See ya soon! 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...