Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Jenessa Week 10 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas Everybody-
 
Things are going so well. Thank you for all your support. Today is going to be a short email, but I wanted to share with you the HAPPINESS coming from the Normandy area this Christmas season! Our area is wonderful and blossoming. We are teaching quite a few people right now and specifically TWO families....I LOVE TEACHING FAMILIES......soooo excited. The first family is one that we have been working with for a while, Harold and Christine. We committed them to stop smoking by the 29th and they are so excited to do so. They know it is going to be hard, but we had a really powerful lesson with them this past wednesday and they know that this Gospel is true and they want to be baptized, so they are going to do it. Christine has been smoking since Junior High and they are in their 40's. She is determined though! The other family is actually our next door neighbors, just downstairs, from where we live in our apartment.  They are so sweet. It is a couple and their "adopted" granddaughter Sarah! She is adorable and 8, perfect age for baptism! We are actually going to commit them to baptism in January TONIGHT! So excited! Its going to be a VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I love this work!! 


I want you to know that I KNOW that this Gospel is true with all of my heart and soul. I know that this is the ONLY way to true and everlasting happiness. I know that my Savior lives and he loves each and every one of us and I strive to allow his love in my life that others might be able to see and feel HIS love through me! I know that the Book of Mormon is true; it is the word of God. As we read from its pages we can gain strength, understanding, comfort and guidance throughout our lives. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and in that sacred grove he saw God, the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that we have a living prophet here on the earth today and have since Joseph Smith. I know that as we heed the words of the prophets we are heeding the word of the Lord and we will not be led astray. I am so grateful for the knowledge that i have that families can be together forever. I know that there are loved ones from the other side all around us cheering us on to victory and helping where they can! I know that this is the greatest work that we could ever be doing at this time! I am so grateful that i get this opportunity to be a part of it and to be back out here to be an instrument in the Lords hands in whatever way he feels necessary to use me. I hope that I can live worth to be "used" by Him! I know that as we keep the commandments of God and strive for EXACT obedience that the Lord can truly pour out his blessings upon us! I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time. No place that I would rather be and I know it is EXACTLY where the Lord needs me and wants me to be!!! :-) I know these things and will never deny them and say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! 

Happy Holidays! 

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
May the Peace and Joy of the Savior be in your homes during this glorious season! 

Love
Sister Heckel 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...