Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Larissa Thanksgiving Week!! Craziest week EVER!

Well first off Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Thanksgiving was great at the CCM! we had our thanksgiving dinner for lunch cause thats cuando they have all there big meals is during Almuerzo, which I kinda like alot now! All I wanted for thanksgiving was some pumpkin pie and guess what we got pie and icecream.... I may have cried with happiness for that.... or maybe not. you will never know.

Well this week has been one of the hardest/best weeks, our everything was going great until wednesday hit.... our investigator (who is depressed, had a really bad day) well he told us that he didnt want to meet with us anymore and that he didnt believe in our religion anymore and he was basically done. Me and Hermana Allen were shocked, we could not believe what he was saying! Our last lesson went so good and we didnt know what to do so all we could think of was ask him questions and bare our testimonies. we asked him to pray everyday to know that god loved him and had a purpose for him and then he decided that he wanted to see us again. That was officially the first time I have cried at the CCM, the rest of that day was so hard. We had a conversation with our Miestro (our investigator) afterwords and talked with him about and he said that we needed to work harder because this type of stuff will happen and he isnt going to be as easy on us as he has been. seriously it was so difficult. But then we had thanksgiving the next day so that made it better and our next lesson with him..... guess what happened! HE AGREED TO BE BAPTIZED!!!! So now we will be preparing him for that which will be awesome cause we have alot more to learn and are ready to work hard to get him to baptism. 

Yesterday was the greatest experience ever! so we are kinda starting to review stuff we have already learned and using it in all spanish and figuring it all out! well yesterday we did an activity and we were learning to teach by the spirit. I was pared up with Elder Corry (who i freaken love, but he speaks incredible spanish so its kinda intimidating to work with him) and I was the investigator first and we were practicing the situation that we had the week before, an investigator who doesnt want to continue with the discussions. So I was the investigator first and I didnt want to continue with the lessons because my husband was a ¨"memeber" but wasnt terribly active and if I commited to a religion I wanted to make sure it was right and wanted to be the best I could be, i didnt want to fail. Well Elder Corry... Oh my gosh, the spirit was incredible! Its so weird how even as a pretend investigator you cant say no sometimes. He bore me his testimony and it was exactly what I needed to hear to make me feel comforted and go forward with the lesson and baptism. Then we switched, I didnt know his profile at all, so he came in and told me that he didnt feel god was answering his prayers.... I seriously could speak so good to him and was asking questions and finally I had a feeling I should have him to pray with me right then... and that is exactly what he needed. seriously the room was not big enough for how much of the spirit was in there. It was so overwhelming, me and elder corry are almost in tears. It was incredible, I had been praying to know how to receive guiar during my lesson for my investigators and during my studies for them and this week i finally figured it out and it is incredible. I figured out how the spirit really speaks to me, haha it needs me to stop talking and listen, just pause for a bit in my lesson to really think and feel before i act and then I will know where I need to go. I was so overwhelmed because My prayers were answered and I felt the spirit so strong, I love this gospel, I know it is true with all my heart. I might not know everything and my testimony has a long way to go but I KNOW (YO SE QUE LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS ES VERDADERO) I know it. This work is so incredible and I love it so much! 

I couldnt imagine being anywhere else right now. I seriously love it here so much! the Spanish i really starting to come along, in our last lesson with Ulises (depressed investigator) I spoke basically the whole time (oops) but It went to so good I could talk pretty well, haha some of my sentences were mixed up but all the words were out there! we are slowly but surely getting better, we made a goal as a district to talk spanglish as much as possible and just throw out our english words we dont need anymore.... and I learned the craziest thing. Some sentences we say in english, you can say in one word in spanish just by conjugating them (Ex: "Orará" means "will you pray") one stinkin word!!! CRAZY!!! but its nice at the same time, easy to remember, haha there isnt a word for "will" so we have to learn those conjugations very quickly cause they are vital for a lesson! I am really starting to LOVE SPANISH SO MUCH now that I can actually speak and commmunicate and kinda understand! haha sometimes they talk so darn fast I cant understand a word that he is saying but If i can pick out a few key words I can figure it out pretty easily. 

I want to share a couple things that we learned on the Thanksgiving Devotional, it was taught by Russel M. Nelson and his wife Wendy Nelson. So good it was basically on obedience and being clean and ready to serve the Lord. the quote that I will never forget from this devotional is "Obedience brings success, Exact Obedience brings miracles." so comepletely true, we have to be exactly obedient in order to receive all the blessings and that is what me and my companierá are working especially hard on for the last two weeks we are here because I am so excited to see how we improve because we definitely are not where we want to be before we leave so we are kicking it into gear! 

Mi companierá y yo have gotten so close seriously she is just the quiet shy version of me, but we are twins. I love her so much and cant even imagine leaving her after these two weeks. buien thing she is going to Texas with me so I will at least get to see her a little bit before I leave. Seriously one incredible girl and we work so well together. 

Our district had some super drama this week, we have all gotten so close and started to love eachother so much! seriously these hermanas and Elders are like my brothers and sisters. they have taught me so much and have helped me and my companierá through so much  but now we have had a tendency to talk and sing instead of study.... which is not good. so our Miestro emailed our branch president (basically like our zone bishop) and we had a talk about some of the stuff we need to fix. so after the meeting we went back to our classroom and talked and shared how we felt and made goals of what we can do better and I think It will help us out alot!! soooooo much actually, and me and hermana Allen have made our own goals and i think the goofing around will stop.... during study time. We still love the play volleyball and all that. Seriously I cant even think about leaving my district at the end of these last two weeks because I just start to cry. I love them all so much I cant even say. All the elders have such strong testimonies and amazing spirits and amazing stories. They have all been through it, all different things but for most everyone in our district it was a hard road to get here which has made it so much better. I love all of them. except how the nickname "hobbit" has stuck so well and they make jokes about how frodo is my dad, and ask me how mordor was..... yes they are definitely 18 year old boys.... until they feel the spirit then they turn into Missionaries. haha

The district that was here before us left yesterday.... I am so sad right now I cant even believe that we are the one of the oldest districts here. I have no idea how that happened so fast, but I miss them so much. the Hermanas in that district were incredible and I cant wait to hear how they do in the field cause they will do amazing things. 
We get a new district this week too. I am so excited!! I love being the sister leader! I get to go talk to the girls all the time and make sure they are okay and that they like it here and feel loved and happy. The new districts hermanas are muy muy bien, todos bonita y fuerte testimonios. I love them all already and they have only been here a little less then a week. But they will be great. We get to go to district leadership meetings on sundays.... which is great cause we get to know about how we can improve as a district and as a zone and everything. Its great!! 

Well All in all I love el CCM!! for real, I love learning the gospel and learning spanish!! its seriously still incredible.


sinceremente, Hermana Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...