Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Larissa First Week In The Field!!

This one was a hard one to post cause it is hard when are children struggle but struggles make us stronger and they help us grow!!!

Ola.....

For lack of a better word. The first week absolutely SUCKED!!!! Hardest week of my life. I don't think I have cried that much ever in my entire life and I have never felt my nerves get this stressed out! I get frustrated with myself since I can't understand anyone so I can't teach and its so frustrating.
My new companion is named Hermana Parra. She actually was Paige's roommate down at BYU so that is cool she knows Paige really well. She is from Mexico and is fluent in Spanish.... which made me even more freaked out cause I don't understand what she is saying either. 

The first day we got our new companions I was actually with another Hermana but because two Hermana's didn't have their license they switched us. So I am actually the driving sister! which is cool we drive a Jeep named Chancho. Well after we got put together is was about 5 and I thought we would go home and unpack and she would let me know how we do things. Well she said some stuff in Spanish and I was too scared to ask her what she said and so she told me that we were going to visit people and going to dinner at a mambos casa. Pues I was so freaked out cause the membro es de Guatemala and they speak super fast Spanish... and he looked mean so I didn't say a word until he asked me how many siblings I had and I thought he asked me how old I was and so I said 20! haha You should have seen his face and Hermana Parra died laughing. so that kind of broke the ice still didn't understand but i felt a little more comfortable. We have worked with this member A LOT and He has an incredible testimony and I love his family su nombre es Hermana Castellos. 
Well I still haven't unpacked cause we just don't have time which is great... But I am learning and me and Hermana Parra are learning to really get along.  

I love all of our investigators. Seriously they are all great and will be baptized.  Once I can actually speak the language that will help! These people are ready they just need to know they are and move to the next step.   Our Branch is so small. but It will get bigger.  All our members are converts so they are all learning.

I love this new investigator family that we talked to on Sunday, for some reason I could understand more of what he said then anyone else and They are awesome, AMAZING Christian family and hopefully they are ready for the gospel. I feel like they are and they are reading the book of mormon so we will see how they do in a couple days!!! 

we had our Mission Christmas party yesterday and IT was soooo much fun! I love my mission president so so so much and his family and they will be going home with us!!! YAY!! and they live in highland Utah so we will be taking out mission president home with us and I cant wait!! haha May 2015!! hahaha

Merry Christmas Everyone. I love you all so much and currently don't have anymore time to write. Amo ustedes!! Adios. 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...