Thursday, December 12, 2013

Larissa...Last week at la CCM(MTC)!!!!! CRAZY!!! Dec 10, 2013

I can not believe that I am in my last week at la CCM!! its seriously so crazy!! Ese sermana Hermana Allen y yo are working mucho hard!! we want to be able to bare our testimonies without any trouble before we leave so we have a ways to go but we will get there!!! The CCM is starting to get old and super repetitive, I am torn between wanting to stay and learn more and wanting to get out in the field and talk with real investigators!!!

TY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! My first homesick moment happened this week because of your birthday. I cried the night before and during the day of whenever I had time to think of you and not being there, I hope it was an awesome day and I cant believe you are 17, Holy COW!!!! But the package came from you guys with all the candy that day so that was like the BEST... and then shortly after I started getting that same pain that we went to the hospital for last year and it was a cyst. yeah that sucked cause my teacher made me go to the CCM clinic (I resisted the entire time, and complained the whole time we were in the doctor cause we should have been in class) so we went and the doctor wasnt there it was just the Nurse who I freaken loved he was awesome but he thought like the doctors before that it was appendicitis and so i am freaking out thinking how I am NOT getting surgery in mexico and planning my escape from the clinic. So then I remember how familiar this pain was and then became calmer.... but the doctor wasnt going to be there for an hour so we went back to class I laid on the floor while we studied. All the elders were betting on appendicitis and I was getting so mad. But when it was time to go my WHOLE district came with me to make sure I was okay and to give me a blessing. Well the doctor confirmed what I already knew it was a cyst and sent me to my casa. So that was a very eventful fun day for sure.... it hurt soooooo bad, im starting to think that is a yearly thing cause it happens the same time every year and every year we think its something that will require surgery and it freaks me out.... Im never going back to the doctor because I refuse to go home! haha

This past couple weeks have been super eventful! Our investigators have been going so well, both of them are committed to baptism and we are working on commandments. lastnight was an incredible lesson and built up my testimony on the gift of tongues! it seriously went incredible!! that lesson was what i needed because me and Hermana Allen were starting to really get down on ourselves for not knowing enough, and we wont know enough but we will have the spirit with us and that is what counts, we are starting to wake up in the morning to do some spanish scripture reading.... the scriptures are super hard to understand but we will work hard to understand them. 

We got a new district this week and we absolutely love them, the Hermanas are so amazing and I am so glad I get to know them as well as I do. They already speak incredible spanish so they are really lucky! But they are so fun! 

So our district LOVES to play volleyball and we have gym time everyday so we play all the time and my district is getting sooooooo good at volleyball literally it is an actually game except we arent allowed to keep score cause then it gets competitive and people get mean. One district wanted to play against us and they wanted to keep score.... I am not very nice when I am competitive that is for sure, so our distract stopped playing cause we all got that way and went and played with just us and that was so much fun. I love them so much and I dont know what I am going to do when I leave them in a week. Good thing they are all from utah basically so that is nice. AND I get to take Hermana Allen with me to Texas so hopefully we will see eachother alot and possibly in like a year be companions! but she only lives in Herisville Utah which is like by ogden so yeah destined to be friends forever cause she is just basically the quite version of me!! 

We went through the temple for the last time today :( but we got so lucky because it is actually closing down for the christmas season for remodeling so the new missionaries coming in wont get to go to the temple... We were so blessed because it is beautiful and I love it so much! We are so lucky to have so many temples in utah that we can go to all the time. the next closest temple in Mexico is about 2 and a half hours away. We are seriously so blessed.

This Sunday was especially amazing!! we had the Christmas devotional which I hope you all saw it was amazing, it made me miss utah alot seeing temple square lights and snow and everything. Make sure to go visit that because it truly is a privileged to live that close and to have such an amazing place to visit all the time. But the devotional was incredible and then we watched the joseph smith film.... yeah i started crying when i found out what we were watching! Our devotional missionary devotional was sooooo good too. We heard from Elder Holland Again, who I love so its totally fine and he talked about how our missions are forever and that it does not end after 24 or 18 months haha favorite quote "if you come home from your mission and start back on the life you had before and go inactive or what, dont meet me down a dark ali I will tell ya that". I guess they are having a problem with this, Missionary work is a lifetime calling, even if we dont wear his name on our chest we need to be the example of him in our daily lives. I love Elder Holland, he is absolutely incredible!! 

Well I hope everyone had a good week! Missions are incredible. so hard, the past couple weeks have been a real test but the I know the Lord is on my side and those trials have turned into such amazing testimony building moments. I have made some of the best friends in the entire world here. My district is incredible and now that we are all healthy and coming to class it has been a blast and we have become one big family!! haha sometimes we have trouble focusing because we have so much fun together but other then that it is great, we have had some amazing spiritual experiences. Even though these guys are babies (18 and 19 year olds) With the spirit they turn into me and are strong and they are awesome!! 

I cant imagine being anywhere else right now or doing any other work. This work is the work of salvation and happiness. I could not think of anything more better to do with my life right now. There is a saying on your mission that you leave your old life behind on your mission and start a new one that lasts forever on your mission. Its true, I dont think I will be the same person I was before and it is going to be great!! They say that you will have at least one convert on your mission and that is yourself and that is so true. I didn´t know anything about the gospel and I was not even close to a good representative of Christ!! But that will change for sure when I get home. I Love the book of mormon, a couple of the elders in our district know so much about the book of mormon and I am so jealous, I have been reading alot lately every chance I have anyways and the stories are passages are incredible. I love it so much. If you want an action packed book it is the book of mormon!! Its incredible!! 

Well last week at the CCM. Muy Triste. 
todo mi amo,
Hermana Heckel





 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...