Monday, March 17, 2014

Larissa - Freezing!!



Well this week was absolutely freezing? its supposed to be spring but it is really really cold here in texas right now! I feel like Mother Nature is just laughing " It should be warm today..... PSYCH!" really its aweful, worse then utah cold! I would take that any day over this cold.
 
ANYWAY, this week was great we had alot of fun adventures to find new ways of finding:) we found out there is a bus system in our area and we were able to speak with alot of people and figure out how we can also use the buses to get where we need to go! such a blessing! We are really seeing some great progress in our area:) super exciting to see!
 
I am coming to realize everything really is bigger in Texas!! FOR REAL!!
 
Well Hna. Parra and I are (unofficially) Young womens leaders. Our  branch right now does not have a young womens program but we have about 7 or 9 young women who come to church on a regular basis so we have become the young women leaders! last week we had an activity with them and two girls came that really never come to activities and we were so so so happy:) It went great haha we taught the girls about self worth and did some make up and hair stuff. We are getting help from one of our awesome members who went to hair school so she wanted to show them some things! haha some of them didnt like make up but they still had fun:)
 
I finished the book of mormon!!! so amazing and so good and I am starting it over again! I am also reading the new testament which is equally incredible! Personal study is the best! Through reading the book of mormon it is crazy how much revelation I have recieved for myself and for my investigators. Heavenly Father is truly amazing! We are studying the Atonement still and it is truly amazing you can never learn enough  about our Savior and the sacrafice he made for us!
I have also been reading a talk called "The fourth Mission" sorry I cant remember who it is by but I would definitely encourage future missionaries and current missionaries to read it! it is really incredible and i have learned so much from it!
 
this last P-day Hna. Parra and I made an unintencional deep cleaning session:) which I absolutely loved:) haha we literally cleaning everything it was so much fun:) (I am my mothers daughter) We had a blast and its really nice to have a completely clean apartment!
 
So all in all a great week:) Hoping to keep improving and becoming better and better every week! so greatful I get to stay in my area for another transfer with my amazing native companion:) she is great and I am so grateful for everything she has taught me about his work!
 
All my love and prayers,
Hermana Heckel!
 
Remember, "Every memeber a missionary", you have no idea how much members help the missionary work move forward!
 
PPS.
Happy 23 birthday to Sister. Sister:) I have the greatest Sister sister missionary every and I wish her the best birthday ever!!

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...