Monday, March 31, 2014

Larissa - It's starting to get HOTTT!!!!

I never realized how grateful I was to live in a dry stake till I came to texas and realized that everyone here is sweating 24-7! its so crazy how humidity really gets your! Oh and guess what, for all the lucky ginger people out there.... humidity makes your burn easier:) just saying its pretty fun to figure that out!
 
Haha reguardless of the weather this week was fantastic! Hna.Parra went on a double exchange two days in a row and i took over the area:) it was actually really fun, I was able to speak alot more spanish then I thought I could ever do and it was so much fun.
My first exchange was with Hna. Mishler. She is absolutely incredible, her mission story is amazing and she has been through  alot and its amazing she is actually at this point in her life. She started serving her mission in Urague and was there for 5 months, but while she was there she got very very sick and found out that she developed Diabetes and Cyliacs disease. She went home for a couple months to learn her new ways of life but was not going to let that stop her from preaching gospel and they reaasigned her to Texas. She is absolutely amazing and she taught me so much about being the best missionary I can be and that we can all overcome our trials.
The second exchange was with sister. Tauasa. She is from Samoa and is learning english, she understands perfectly but has a little hard time speaking! so I was the only who could speak spanish and I actually did really really well talking with people:) Well the adventure with her started when she informed me that she has never learned to ride a bike.... and we could only ride bikes that day. so we went out to the parking lot and gave it a shot. She ran into a couple parked cars but other then that she did great for her first time ever riding a bike! so we decided to walk. Well a little while after we left we realized that we forgot water, and that day it was sooo very hott. well once we came to that realization we ended up talking to this man doing yard work who offered us some water:) MIRACLE! its amazing how God just helps us out right when we need it!
 
The Womens conference was this weekend as well and we had an activity with out branch before that went wonderfully. We went into the spanish translation room so I didnt understand anything that was said in the conference but hte music and the videos were amazing and beautiful and I was very happy there. haha I hope conference this weekend is not the same way and I can understand more of what they are saying! but we will see:)
 
We had interviews with our mission president this last week:) man those are my favorite! He definitely recieves some great revelation for us from the Lord. So blessed to have him as our president.
 
Well the Almanza family finally accepted the date for this weekend:) Jenny (mom) Cecilia (daughter) and Gael (son) are all getting baptized  this week:) we are so excited for them it is insaine! they are all so wonderful, Jenny also has another son Adrian who is 6 and he is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. He asks him mom everyday if they get to go to church and He was sooooo excited when we gave him his own book of mormon, he took it to school with him the next day:) So adorable! They are an amazing family and I love them so so so much and I am so happy for them to recieve all the blessings of baptism. There faith as a family has grown so much and it has already started to change there lives! I know that they have changed mine for sure.
Our young women are fantastic:) they are all amazing young women. We had an activity planned but some of the girls got sick so we played basketball with them instead:) haha let me tell you that was fun. There girls really get into sports! but they are all willing to play and love to try as well which makes me so happy. This week we are really helping them discover who they are. who they really are and not what this world has told them they are. They are all Daughters of our Heavenly father and I want them all the know that and realize that for themselves! I know that these girls are going to become some amazing women in the church:) they all have amazing potential and deserve the world. I am so blessed to be able to work with them:)
 
 
welll thats all for this week:)
con amor,
Hermana Heckel
 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...