Monday, March 3, 2014

Larissa - MIRACLES!!!

So this week was a slow week of teaching but a crazy week of unexpected as well as prayed for miracles! We had a baptism this week and it was absolutely incredible! 
We have been teaching Ana for a couple weeks and she has been absolutely a miracle. God has shown her time and time again the truthfulness of this gospel and we are so happy that she now has the holy Ghost and has been made clean and now can change her life forever:) so exciting.
Our branch actually does something pretty cool  because our church starts at 2 and ends at 5 having a baptism afterwards is a large portion of the day for alot of people especially for those with young kids. So the stake president suggested that we combine the baptism and sacrament meeting. This is the second time we have done this and it worked out great!! The spirit was so strong and it was also fast sunday so we had one talk and a musical number (me and hna. Parra) and then the baptism, baring of testimonies and then the confirmation. The spirit was incredible and I know that it was a great expirience for everyone that was there.
We also had another miracle when we go out in the hall to go to the baptism and we saw a less active that hasn't been to church in (I think) a year just come and came to the perfect meeting, and our most recent convert men just fellowshiped him as well. SO MANY MIRACLES!!!  
Our investigators Jenny also came to church with her daughter Cecilia who is adorable. After this meeting and feeling the spirit I believe they will want to be baptized as soon as possible!! so many incredible miracles.
Oh and yes I sang in sacrament:) in spanish! it was so much better then giving a talk! I would do it again in a heartbeat, even though I was shaking but it definitely brought in the espiritu mucho! 

This week we are working on finding (like everyweek) but we have alot of potentials we are very excited to try:) We are seeing so many good things happen with the branch its fantastic! 

It has been absolutely miserably cold! I THOUGHT I CAME TO TEXAS!! not alaska! but we will see if it starts to warm up! 
We had a service project for Ana this last saturday, basically reconstructing her trailer cause it had a major whole it the side and was freezing all the time! so hopefully it helped with this cold weather that we have been having. haha the service project made me thing about the construction going on at my house:) hope you are all having fun family! 

Things are going pretty well. I finally have figured out a way to do language study so I am progressing hopefully alot faster then I was before and I am speaking with my comp alot more in spanish which is awesome and helping out!

This week I have learned alot about Faith. I have been studying it for a while now and I keep learning more and more. I have learned that true faith really can move mountains. It is so incredible and I am going to work my entire life to build my faith cause you can never have enough.
something cool I have also been noticing in my reading is that God uses alot of 3s haha. 3 days of darkness after the death of christ, 3 days he preached to the people in america, 3 times peter denied the christ, 3 nephites, 3 in the God head. and so much more. not sure why I have been noticing this pattern but it definitely really cool to see. 

Me and Hermana Parra have been having some great revelation come to us this past week and we have learned so much through our personal and companionship study. This one of my favorite parts of the day that I wish could last longer. 

Best quote I have ever heard, and I promise it is legit! 

"If you have a bad thought about yourself,
Tell it to go to Hell cause that's exactly 
where it came from."
-Brigham Young

I love it! This week is going to be great and I will be 21 on thursday!!! AHHHHH so wierd, one of two birthdays in the mission! I cant believe I will be 21, I cant believe I am here at this point in my life. it really is crazy that it took me 21 years to finally START to become the person I want to be for the rest of my life and to lets God guide that process. I am so grateful for everything I have learned and everything I will become in the future. My mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so grateful for the person that it is teaching me to be. I love this gospel and I love my Redeemer and my Heavenly Father. I have felt his love and have been blessed in more ways then I can comprehend. This is Gods work and he needs us to help push it forward and I am so grateful for the opportunity to help. 

I love  you all and thank you so much for all your prayers and letters and everything. You  have no idea how much that means and truly helps me. My love and gratitude is overwhelming! 

Love,
Hermana Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...