Monday, March 24, 2014

Larissa - SO MANY MIRACLES!

I think every letter I write is going to be titled Miracles, God is serioulsy blessing our mission and our branch so much I cant not be grateful. We had one of the most incredible miracles this last week. Sunday morning we got a call from President Ashton.... Okay first thought I was really scared:) haha but I answered and he told us that he and our stake president went and visited one of our amazing less active families and commited them to read the Book of Mormon everyday and they would be sealed in the temple in 9 months. I was so overwelmed I couldnt even speak. We had been praying for a miracle and the Rodrigez family is that miracle. There family was so strong in the church and for a couple of reason left the church but none that could not be solved. We had not asked President Ashton to do this or Our stake President. President Ashton just felt inspired and acted on that prompting.  It was a huge answer to our prayers and we could not be more grateful that the Lord had answered our prayers so fast and in a huge way. The Father of the family is a big influence in the branch and could very well bring back many of our less active members to church and help us soften some hearts. We had been praying and fasting for this miracle and God answered our prayers in a huge way. God does answer prayers, I know here heres them and even when he does not answer right away he will answer us. Truly been blessed more then I diserve this past week.
 
So Hna. Parra and I are the young womens Presidents for the branch:) I LOVE IT!! So much fun, we have basically been it for a while but now we are really doing it. Our youth is so great and we have so many that need love and attention and through our youth we have been able to find alot more people to teach and come to church. They are all so great, we had a combined activity with our young men tambien this week and it was so fun! we played volleyball and ate junk food. they loved being around eachother and all our girls were able to really find friends in the branch and were asking when the next activity would be so they could come! We are able to talk with president clark this week about some of the girls and there struggles and he has been so great in helping them out and speaking with them. they are all going through so much and we are working so hard with them to make them see there true potential and who they really are. daughters of God. I love this extra calling I now have in my branch and I am so excited to see the program bring other young women into the church!
 
Oh there are a HUGE mass of bugs that come out and party under our light right at the top of our stairs to our apartment. We call  it the night club! seriously freaks us out everytime because they are hug and just fly up and run into you and let me tell you skirts make running through them really fun:P haha we found one fo the partiers in our apartment and freaked out and cleaned the whole thing. No party stays outside. The funny thing is every morning they are gone except for one or two that died:) hahah too much partying!
 
We also did a service project for one of our hermanas in the branch and we cleaned up her yard and it was so fun. We went with the Hernandez family which is (not being byist) but my favorite family every:) 7 kids in all and they are all amazing! there mom is one of the most strong women I have ever met. I love visiting and playing with them. She has a 5 month old that I wish so bad that I could hold (baby thomas:) oh and in the picture, yes my companion is cutting a root with a machete....:) we had lots of fun. oh and the little girl is Estrellita (which means little star in spanish) Hernandez she is 5 and I adore her:)
 
P.s. The picture of the cars.... look at it closely and see if you can see what is sooooo wrong with that picture!
 
I love you all so much:) thanks for all your letters and support it has been fantastic;)
I am so blessed to be out here and serving with these amazing people and the best native companion ever:)
 
Sinceremente,
Hermana Heckel,
haha for real look closely at the picture.... blew my mind when we saw it!

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...