Monday, March 30, 2015

Larissa - End of week 1



Dear Familia,

I can't believe how fast time goes by! literally it is crazy!! But anyways! 

So this week was transfers and we got to go down to the office to help. In our transfer meeting we have all of the missionaries that will be leaving at the end of the transfer bare their testimonies. It was the weirdest thing to be up there, I had seen so many go through and it was the weirdest experience. 

Sister Calton got called as the new Senior sister training leader to replace sister Turner, I was so sad to see her go. but Sister Calton is wonderful and is so excited to work with the sisters.

This week we received 14 referrals!! on average we receive about 2. It was a huge miracle and we are so excited to go try all these people. It was an even bigger miracles because we got them from a member whose husband has been in the hospital for the past week!! You never know so always open you mouth!!! 

We also started teaching a women and he husband (Ana and Oscar) they have been taught by missionaries for the last like.... many years. they live half in our area and half in the elders so we are teaming up and teaching them. We teach them at their tire shop most of the time because they work a lot but they have time for lessons when they are at work. They are literally so funny. I died laughing the whole time we were there (did I mention they have a pet pig named Juicy Lumps, they call her juicy for short... she bit my toe... really hard, but now we are buds so its okay). They also have really strong testimonies. I can't wait to help them some more. It was crazy because Ana expressed to us some of her doubts and what was holding her back and literally all the of doubts got answered in la conferencia general de las mujeres! ALL OF THEM.... to bad she did not come. but repentance is real and we can go and read it with her or have her listen to it! It was amazing to see how revelation can come.

This week we also were able to go to the Pulga!! it was so much fun! literally we love that place. I feel like I am in mexico and I love talking to people there. We had a really cool experience after talking to a women for a while she grabbed one of every pamphlet and said send the missionaries me and my mom are thinking about changing religions and I like what I see:D how cool!!! Another is every time we come there is a little girl about 10 years old that comes up to the booth and grabs one pamphlet. since we have been there she has read every pamphlet and this last week grabbed a Bood of Mormon and we saw her walking around reading it!!! WHAT!!!! Its amazing how much these kids can feel and follow the spirit. They also sell coconuts there:) I love them. sooooo gooood!! I love in the picture how you can see the guy in the back looking at our table. Yep double take!! 

Women General conference was amazing. I went to the Spanish session and it was so good!! I couldn't believe that I actually understood everything (miracle) but I loved the focus on the proclamation! seriously so amazing!! Our leaders are absolutely wonderful. I loved president Iring's talk, We need to always remember our baptismal covenant and what it means to truly take the Lords name upon us and what we are supposed to do in that covenant.  So powerful, Our leaders are amazing and are definitely inspired by God. I can't wait for General conference this week!! what a week of miracles!! I love this work so much! I love this church.

I can't wait for this week. We have a lot of fun plans and things to do! The work never stops and never slows down:) love it! Hope you all have a wonderful week wherever you may be. Love you all.

Hermana Heckel.






1. Coconut at the pulga:)
2. Juicy Lumps and my beautiful comp
3. cool sign we found in our area!! Spread the LOVE!!!
4. Elders playing with the Pig haha 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...