Monday, January 20, 2014

Larissa Baptism #2/ Significantly Humbled

This week was a week of blessings, definitely had some really hard times but all in all was very good! we finally got ahold of our new investigator Ana and she is great! the Lord has definitely prepared her so well and she is so ready for the gospel! we wanted her to come to church this Sunday but she had to go to Houston to pick up a friend or something.... LAME!! but we told her she needs to come to church next week and we will hopefully explain more about the gospel and strengthen her testimony and she will recieve a baptismal date!! she is so prepared and has been reading and praying:) so so very exciting!!
We had our second baptism since I have been in the mission and it went fantastic!! Her name is Araceli and she is so in love with the gospel! she really wants to learn and read and feel of the spirit all the time! she is so amazing and her daughter after seeing her mom get baptized came up to us and ask if she could be baptized next week:) yay!! we are so excited for both of them! they really love the gospel and are doing so many good things to strengthen there testimonies and there relationship with christ! They are a little attatched to us so we are trying to find the perfect member to fellowship them! its hard with our little branch but the lord will provide:)
I went on splits again this week with an Hermana Harris, I have not laughed that hard in a long long time! we took our lunch out one day and couldnt decide were to eat and we passed a semetary and decided to join them for lunch, it was funny how strongly we could feel the spirit there and we got to talking and about how many souls are on the other side and are waiting to come unto christ and be baptized and the only way to do that is by sharing the gospel so people can do there geneology and take names to the temple. It was a really cool experience! kinda random and weird but I really love cemeteries and so does she and the spirit was actually so strong! Talk about the best lunch ever!! haha we went and visited this women named Sister Jackson, wow that womens faith is amazing! she has been through so much and really has a strong foundation is christ! Some of the people I meet out here are really crazy amazing examples to me and have changed my life and made me want to have a strong testimony and have that kind of faith in Christ! 
This week Spanish has been kinda hard but I am just going with it and trying to talk as much as possible when I do speak spanish, we are in a bylingual area so we speak alot of english:) ha we actually had to work out a way for Hermana Parra to speak during english lessons cause I just get going and dont leave room for her to talk:P oops but we worked out a really good system and we are doing so much better now. but My spanish comprehension I feel is getting a little better every week but not as fast as I want but its okay it will come:) speaking is actually pretty good I learn pretty quickly now so its so great and I have been really blessed so thanks for all your prayers they have really helped me and brought me comfort! I am starting to read alot in spanish and I can actually comprehend almost everything so thats good:) 
We had an activity this week with a couple of our recent convert young women and we played volleyball and had a lesson with all of them and talked to them about standards and modestly and all that. They are all so great, we are seeing some amazing faith from the Youth. Alot of the youth we are finding are coming to church alone every Sunday, I know that must be hard to not have the support of there families but they have the faith and know where they need to be and what they need to be doing to have a better life and to come closer to God. They are all doing so good and have such amazing faith in this Gospel already! 
We are hoping this week to find a family that we can teach to strengthen our branch, we have been seeing alot of improvement from the members are we are so excited to keep it up and to build this branch into a ward! it will take alot off work but it will happen and I know we can do it! we will recieve two new melkezdic priesthood holders this next month and that will be a great strength to have them in the branch, they will be great leaders. 

Well this week was pretty good:) me and Hermana Parra have figured out that when we eat bad we arent really very nice to eachother so we have both decided to start eatting better and working out better and we are super duper excited:) we stoked up on good food and are ready to hit the ground running this week and serve the Lord as best we can and be exactly obedient and follow the promptings of the spirit!  
I love this work, the week are still have sometimes but I love being here and helping people and being a servant of the Lord. I have been significantly humbled since I have been out here. We take so many things for gran tit  in our lives and we don't appreciate how well we have it.This life is a gift from God, everything we have is from him and he has blessed our lives so much. I see so many people who have nothing but have a testimony of this gospel and have everything they will ever need in this life and are happier then anyone. Through the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can find things that money cant buy. I am so blessed to have been raised in this gospel and to know what I know and to feel of that happiness and to feel Gods love everyday! I am so grateful for my testimony of this gospel and for all my blessings that I have received and the blessings I have seen in the lives of others through this gospel. I know this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am so humbled to know that I have the opportunity to share that with the people in Lake Jackson. 
Thanks for all the letters and prayers:) 
I love you all so much,
Love 
Hermana Heckel

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...