Monday, January 13, 2014

Larissa One step at a time:)

This week was pretty great:) We have been working super hard with our members and keeping them strong and active and pointing them in the right directions and it seems to be paying off, one member that we thought was going far down the wrong path we talked to her and finally figured out what was going on. She has doubts! That was the best news ever, she told us she knows that church is true but she has doubts so we told her that that was great we all can have doubts but we just need to ask and find those answers. We helped her with a bunch of her doubts and how to find answers and who to ask. She said that some of the ladies (no idea who they were) said that is was bad to have doubts. We told her that is never a bad thing that have doubts because we all do. We just need to search for then answers in the right places and through the people who know and prayerfully go about them, She knows this gospel is true and we just testified that if it is true she can find those answers to the doubts and find comfort. It was fantastic.
Satan is working really hard on our members and we are seeing that in a couple of our families. Its true that satan really is trying to tare apart the family, more specifically attacking the priestood in the home. We are working hard with the men in the home who are wavering. There is an awesome mormon message that an apostle (I am not sure which one) talks about wearing shoes in the desert. Watch it. It really helped me and my companion understand how satan works and how we can help these families, by ALWAYS wearing there shoes.
We have another baptism this week:) Her name is Araceli! she is about 45 years old and is amazing! we are teaching her and her daughter and they absolutely love this gospel  so much! they read everyday and pray and always have questions and want to keep learning more. They especially love the say the prayers when we come over. they tell us it makes them feel all good inside:) the spirit it the greatest. Her daughter is waiting to be baptised for a little bit which is fine, its all what she wants to do and in her time! They are a great family and we are planning on teaching Aracelis husband this next week:) he has always been super nice to us and we think he will love the gospel as well, he has a word of wisdom problem but nothing that the gospel cant fix. They are so great and we are so excited for her baptism.
Well it was really cold at the beginning of hte week and now it is super warm, like our morning runs I have been wearing shorts its been that warm! I love it, I cant even imagine how summer is  going to be out there though :O I might die. haha thanks for the coat though I believe  it is going to get cold again so that will really come in handy and its been raining alot so that will help.
My spanish is coming alot. really still not understanding to terribly well, especially when people are not talking about the gospel but I pretend I understand and they have no idea:) Yes very sneeky! haha but I have been more focused on just feeling the spirit trying to understand and acting on the spirit. It has helped me out so much I dont feel as stressed anymore in lessons and I have actually been able to talk alot more when I do that! Sometimes I slip and start freaking out that I dont understand and thats not good but Its a working progress:)
I love this area we have seriously the biggest area in the world!! but thats great cause we have alot of places to look for investigators:) this work is fantstic.
Me and Hermana Parra had a converstation about the wars in the book of Mormon. She hates wars and doesnt like to read that part so she has been  searching for the reason that they are there and in the book of mormon! good thing to look up:) Share you ideas with me and I will share what we have learn with you:)
We have been using alot of mormon messages lately and they are fantastic espeically with our teenage recent converts they really get straight to the point and help us teach and invite the spirit really well.
I love this work. I love my mission. I feel so blessed to have this expirience and share this gospel. I pray for you all everday! Stay strong and stay true. and ALWays wear your shoes:)
God will bless us.
Love,
hermana Heckel.

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...