Monday, January 20, 2014

Jenessa Week 14 - HALF WAY!! What??

I CANT BELIEVE IT! This past week is my 9 month mark on my mission or HALF WAY!! I can't believe how fast time flies by! Its just absolutely crazy! :-) 

I LOVE IT!! :-) 

I dont have a bunch of time this week and figured i would say almost everything that i said in my letter to President this week....so here you go....

This week was wonderful. I was able to see the Chiropractor and I have not had a migraine since my adjustment....although I had a little "meltdown"....and my meltdowns only last like 10 minutes....but it happened. I have just had some dreams that past week, that have felt very real, of me having to be sent home again because of my back and then I would wake up and have to put myself back into reality. So that has just been a little emotional. I am not going home though, so its not a big deal. I am fine now. I NEVER want to go home, but the reality of it is that come the end of October I will have to. But that is ok. That is life and the next stage of it will be just as fun and exciting as the stage i am in now. :-) No need to worry about me. I am doing wonderful. The Lord is strengthening me, I can feel it. I was promised when i was set apart that i would be able to complete my mission and I KNOW that I will. I just had to be reminded this week that the blessing didn't say that it would be easy or pain free....but I would be able to fulfill my mission and complete it. :-) I know that i have a work here to be doing in the Jacksonville Mission. I know that i am where i am supposed to be and that this is the Lords work. I am truly humbled that he trusts me enough to put me where I am and trust me with these precious souls of His! 

I am doing so so so so so good right now!!!! :-) Thank you for your support and your prayers! Sister Orton and I are doing FANTASTIC!!! O my goodness!! We had 3 POWERHOUSE lessons this week. Sister Orton is TEACHING! I have just been blown out of the water this week as she has taken the lead, promised incredibly specific blessings, taught and testified with power and the spirit, and just really diving into the work. I am so happy!! We are really just focusing on the area and its members. We have been working really hard to get members to lessons this week. We really struggled to get people to answer their doors at appointments that we took members to this week, but finally one of them did and we had such a powerful lesson with Maddie. She is an older black lady and her and our member, Sister King, just hit it off. I am gaining a stronger and stronger testimony of the power of having members at our lessons. I really truly believe that our lesson would not have been the same and Maddie would not have felt comfortable saying "YES" to the invitation to come to church if it hadn't been for Sister King coming with us! Member present lessons are the key to this missionary work moving forward. That is the BEST way to do missionary work, is through the members!! :-) I am so excited for this upcoming week as our goal is to get a member to EVERY appointment we make, even if their is a high chance that it might fall through. We started making that a goal towards the end of this past week and we just have felt an amazing outpouring of the Spirit and have felt so blessed because of it. I truly believe that the Lord lead us to Maddie, because he knew we were doing what he would have us do by getting members to lessons and he trusted us to find her. I dont think we would have otherwise, because she needed that member there to bring her to church, without that member I truly think she would not be progressing in the gospel like she is. 

We FINALLY had an investigator come to church......and between all of us missionaries we had 6 investigators at church this past Sunday!! Incredible. :-) We have been struggling since I got here to even get 1 or 2 here between all of us and this week we had 6. Elder Parker (our District Leader) had us all set a goal and make Member Presents a focus and I feel like that is the reason that we were all blessed to have so many investigators attend church. I hope that this number continues to grow. :-) 

Our golden hours this week are going to be focused on Less Active members and seeking them, as well as part member families out. We have also thought about trying to get less active members to come out with us. That may be able to reactivate some of them as they build their testimonies with us, in a less "threatening" way than to go to church. We also feel, like it says in the Power of Everyday Missionaries that often people need to feel "needed" by the church, instead of us telling them that they need the church. We will see how it goes. Sister Orton and I are both diligently studying Power of Everyday Missionaries and PMG, everyday and are finding gems and answers to prayers to what we need to be doing here in the Normandy area. It has only taken us 3 months to figure out, but we are finally truly listening to the Lord and implementing those things that he would have us do. I think it helps that we are no longer focused on Sister Orton and our relationship and our teaching. Although there are occasional bumps in the road, we are working so well together and are going to be so sad when we are separated. I love how the spirit in our hearts and in our apartment has just completely changed as we have both shifted our focus and really have started "digging" into the work here in the Normandy area...... I'm sure there are many more MIRACLES to follow! 

Testifying is such a powerful way that we can bring the spirit into our lives and the lives of those around us. I was a witness this week to the power of a pure and simple testimony as Sister Orton bore hers and testified of truths while we were in lessons. It is a sure fire way to bring the Spirit into a room, and straight into someone's heart who is even open a little bit to feeling the spirit! :-) I love it! 

Never be afraid to open your mouth and share your testimony of the things you believe and know to be true. 

I know that this gospel is true with all of my heart. I KNOW IT! I would not be out here if i didn't. I know that my testimony is strengthened every time I share it and bring that spirit into my life, to not only testify to the person I am speaking to, but to testify to me that what I am saying is good and true. I love this gospel with all of my heart. I love people! I love learning and growing. I am learning to love struggling and pain, only because it helps us to be stronger and truly rely on the Lord. We go through trials in this life to help us to become closer to the Lord and I am starting to see every trial as a beautiful blessing that the Lord is giving me the opportunity to come closer to him in a way that I may not have had I not gone through the trial. I am so grateful for members who step up and strive to build their own testimonies of missionary work. I am grateful to all those out there who pray fervently for missionaries out in the field. We can feel your prayers. I know that this work is the work of the Lord. I will NEVER hesitate to share that with anyone. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, with all of my heart. He makes life, for me, possible. I would not be able to do any of this without him. He truly is my rock. My redeemer. My sure foundation and I will NOT fall with Him at my side! I know this and I want everybody to feel of His love, as I have. I want everyone to know that you can find so much strength and joy, beyond words, as you turn to him in faith. I know that my Savior lives, He loves me and he died for me....and for YOU! :-) I know all these things to be true and say them in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN! 

Have a wonderful week everybody. I love you!

Love
Sister Heckel 

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...