Monday, January 27, 2014

Larissa - Crazy Week!!!

So today is transfer calls and I am staying in Lake Jackson for another transfer:) so so so happy I am staying and not leaving these incredible people and my lovely companion!
We had a jam packed week we had lots of meetings this week and so that didn't leave us a ton of time for teaching but the lessons we did teach were amazing!!  We had a baptism that was planned for this week (Ynez) haha she actually told us she was getting baptized this weekend, haha can't argue with that! So we planned everything out and on Friday we didn't think she was going to get baptized because of MANY complications, but she knew she needed to be baptized and the Lord provided a way for her to accomplish that! it was absolutely incredible! Such an amazing miracle and when we were helping her get ready after the baptism we asked her how she felt and she said she felt so good and when she came up out of the water she just felt this weight lifted off her chest and she feels great! I started bawling, I knew that was exactly what she should be feeling and that it would bless her life forever. We were so  blessed this week for sure.
Well it is FREEZING in Texas right now, good thing we are not in a bike area but I think we actually have to ride bikes one day this week which will be fun:P
We were able to have Cheri Dew come speak to us at our missionary women's conference (found out she actually lives in midway and has a house in Interlaken :D SO COOL) she was incredible, that women's testimony is amazing and she is so funny! she talk to us a lot about power and how we have access to such incredible power that we don't even know. She also talk to us about revelation for ourselves. I had been praying about this a lot I think since I was in the MTC i have been praying to know how the spirit speaks to me and how i can receive revelations from my heavenly father. She made a very good point that he friend actually told her "Have you ever asked the spirit to teach you how you receive revelation?" BAM it hit me, that's what I needed to do was ask the spirit to teach me and hopefully little by little it will happen and I will more be able to know what the Lord needs me to do.
We also got to hear from President and Sister Ashton, The best mission presidents in the world, I love them so so so much its crazy and I am so happy because they live in Utah:) and they will also be coming home with my transfer group! so that is really exciting. Its amazing how President Ashton receives revelation, It is truly a gift from God and it is incredible, such an amazing man. 
My Spanish is really doing a lot better. ha I am not sure if my structure is right but I have been  talking a lot more and it is helping a lot. Most of our lessons we are teaching are in English  so me and Hermana Parra are trying to speak Spanish as often as possible.
OH Yeah, I totally taught relief society this week!! Seriously I did and It was awful but the spirit was absolutely incredible, I started off the lesson by saying "my Spanish is really bad but I know my spirit is fluent and I am hoping my spirit can speak through you so I would like anyone who feels impressed to share something please do" and by golly it worked. The sisters were sharing what I wanted to share myself. I was amazed at how the spirit is the real teacher, its not us. I used the talk from General conference by Richard Mayne, Cant quite remember what the title is but its about becoming spiritually strong, and ways we build up the strength. Well I focused on scripture study and family scripture study which is something our branch needs to work on. I remember when Dad and Mom woke us up every morning at 4 for scripture study so we could study together and I shared that with them. And how they can be that example to there children and that is how you can share your testimonies with them is through your actions and through your example. haha That experience showed me that Mom and Dad both knew that we could receive blessings and spiritual strength from daily family scripture study and even if we needed to wake up at 4 A.M. It needed to be done. I was very grateful for the opportunity to teach after the fact. I knew that is particularly helped one women in the branch and it was so fantastic:) this weekend was seriously full of blessings and miracles.
We also have had a lot of learning experiences about being BOLD. being a missionary we need to be bold, Our message is too important and too life changing not to be bold. We have started to really make that a priority with our investigators and it has really blessed us in our lessons especially with our less active members. It definitely is hard but if the spirit tells you to do it it has to be done!!
Oh we almost got eaten by a devil Chihuahua, I seriously was going to die with fright!!  I dont think I have ever been more scared of a little dog in my life!

No comments:

Travis - Easter Week!!!!

Hello Everyone! So this has been a fantastic week. We had a lot of stuff for this Easter time that has made it all the more fun. So we had a...